Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Migrating to Sky Problems

This is a discussion on Migrating to Sky Problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, just to let you know I have finally got the pre active cancel on my parents account resolved ...

justjames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migrating to Sky Problems - "pre active cancel" Success!!

Hi all, just to let you know I have finally got the pre active cancel on my parents account resolved and sky have placed the migration order with BT.

The process has taken just under 2 months to get the order placed. The migration will take place on or before 3rd September.

I have emailled james.murdoch@bskyb.com several times to get sky to act. It has taken just under a month to get the order placed since first writing to him.

We finally got a response from customer relations on 16th August that said the problem was resolved and could I give them the MAC code again, which I did, so that they could place the order. I then phoned provisioning on 22nd and they said the problem was cleared and awaiting a MAC code. I gave it to them again and the lady said an error had occured. She told me she would pass it to her supervisor to send off and get sorted. I thought here we go again, but later that afternoon I checked BT's website and low and behold a migration order was on there.

The next day my dad received an email from Customer Relations confirming the date the migration will take place. And because of all the delays he would refund the connection fee onto the Mid service that we had ordered.

Hopefully BT will do their thing, I don't expect any problems with them.

So there is light at the end of the Pre-active cancel problem.

Hope this helps someone else. James

2. Advertisement
      justjames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migrating to Sky Problems

Received another router for some reason without asking for it, must be something to do with the mac code problems and them putting through a whole new order telling someone to despatch a new router.

Well my parents' broadband was activated today as it was planned to do.
      BT broadband went dead around 3pm. Boxes swapped but no internet, no problem give them a while to swap cables etc.
      I phoned my parents around 4.30pm to see if it had come on yet and it had. Good looking stats but they are on Mid and so get the full 8096 as they are not far from the exchange.
      Interesting thing happened though. Whilst talking on the phone it started popping and hissing and all of a sudden I was in the middle of someone else's conversation down the road! Listened to see if I recognised any voices, didn't so hung up.
      Tried to ring parents and it just rang and rang. Tried 5 mins later and got through. Phone had gone completely dead. Someone must have crossed a few too many wires, but all seems good now.
      So hopefully a very long saga has come to an end. James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12