Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help with ordering Sky

This is a discussion on Help with ordering Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Trying to order Sky Broadband Currently with Be who are nothing short of getting worse everyday for reasons like Staff ...

Mark is offline Skyuser IRC Admin
      Exchange: Northern
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Help with ordering Sky

Trying to order Sky Broadband

Currently with Be who are nothing short of getting worse everyday for reasons like

Staff not having a clue on Be policy
      Planned outages in the day during a whole weekend
      Overcharging to often
      6 outages in the space of a month

Anyway I requested a MAC back in April 07 and got it and went to Sky. Be then offered me compensation so I stayed and cancelled the order with Sky. Everything was fine until now when the problem started but now its

DNS problems
      Email problems (Which I pay extra for)
      False information being given
      Member centre down again

On the 8th May I requested my MAC which I once again got. I then rang up Sky and they took the MAC and said I could not order Sky because the cancallation from the previous order was not put through right and its stuck. Be in there wisdom also then proceeded to charge me 50 disconnection. The MAC had not even been used. Plus I never asked for the express disconnection.

So I rang up Sky this morning and the problem is still there. Nearly 2 months laters. Sky dont have a date to fix it either. Any ideas on what I can do to get Sky moving?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Help with ordering Sky

The reason for this is that Be use LLU sevices and so do Sky. At this time, you cannot do a simple migration from one LLU to another.

You would need to completely cancel down your Be broadband, before you can get Sky.

If your line is still with Be, then you need to get on to them in order to get cancelled down. Sky cant do anything till then

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      The reason for this is that Be use LLU sevices and so do Sky. At this time, you cannot do a simple migration from one LLU to another.

You would need to completely cancel down your Be broadband, before you can get Sky.

If your line is still with Be, then you need to get on to them in order to get cancelled down. Sky cant do anything till then

Er yes you can

I am sure OFCOM produced documents saying this could not be done.

Switching LLU ISPs to be made easier | The Register
      Last edited by Mark; 24-07-07 at 04:09 PM.

DanG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Considering Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Mark.

I have been considering the same move.

Although, clicking on that ^^^ link you posted, i can't see where it mentions LLU to LLU migrations, only LLU to IP Stream or BT etc. Maybe i missed something?

I too agree that Be's service has slipped since joining them 5 months ago.

Thanks

Had this reply as i emailed James Murdoch

Thanks you for your email addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please allow me to clarify matters.

I was extremely disappointed to read about the problems you have had with the Broadband service and also the comments on the level of service you have received regarding this. We pride ourselves on excellent service and it is clear that we have failed to achieve this.

Please will you confirm if you still wish to have Sky broadband and the package you wish to order.

I will have our systems synchronised and will reorder you broadband again if this is what you wish. We may have to ask you for a further MAC as they only have a 30 day life span. If this is needed I shall contact you.

We want all our customers to get the best service possible and I'm sorry that this has not been the case recently. Should you require any further assistance please contact me on the email address above.

Kind regards

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
      Er yes you can

I am sure OFCOM produced documents saying this could not be done.

Switching LLU ISPs to be made easier | The Register
      I work in tech with Sky, and can assure you that at this time, it is not possible to do a SIMPLE migration to Sky from another LLU-based ISP.

The link you sent was only for a trial run of a new system, and it would appear that it hasn't taken, or else it would be used.

However, looking at your first post again, the issue with your previous order is not what I first thought it was. The problem appears to be that your previous order is currently set to 'Pending Cancel' which should have cleared in a matter of days, which would have allowed you to continue. However, due to an issue with the Sky Systems, it isn't clearing.

There is a backlog of issues just like this, and it was mentioned in another thread that this backlog is roughly 1000 accounts long, and that they can only do 10-20 a day, plus the list is growing.

So it may be a while before Sky can take your order. But when they can, they will probably tell you to cancel down your Be first, as its not possible for the simple migration, yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      I work in tech with Sky, and can assure you that at this time, it is not possible to do a SIMPLE migration to Sky from another LLU-based ISP.

The link you sent was only for a trial run of a new system, and it would appear that it hasn't taken, or else it would be used.

However, looking at your first post again, the issue with your previous order is not what I first thought it was. The problem appears to be that your previous order is currently set to 'Pending Cancel' which should have cleared in a matter of days, which would have allowed you to continue. However, due to an issue with the Sky Systems, it isn't clearing.

There is a backlog of issues just like this, and it was mentioned in another thread that this backlog is roughly 1000 accounts long, and that they can only do 10-20 a day, plus the list is growing.

So it may be a while before Sky can take your order. But when they can, they will probably tell you to cancel down your Be first, as its not possible for the simple migration, yet.
      And still Sky have this problem on my account. Just how crap is Sky's system.

Absolutely pathetic

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Very