Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contacting technical support

This is a discussion on Contacting technical support within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi guys is there a quicker way for me to contact technical support than going to tier one and asking ...

curvy_kate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley?penistone
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Contacting technical support

hi guys

is there a quicker way for me to contact technical support than going to tier one and asking to go through to tier 2? i tried a couple of email addresses but they got bounced back.

thanks for your help so far - it seems as though BT need to contact Sky as I have been capped and i need this sorting out as soon as possible.

My speed is still 288kbps and I was told by someone on tier 2 that they thought it would speed up by the second day. thanks Katie

2. Advertisement
      help@hand is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Contacting technical support

is your upload and download speed 288k? If so your line will need to be regraded to an advanced circuit, this will usually take around 5 working days to complete, thats if the tier 2 person as put the order in for you, best ringing back and checking. On the other hand if the upload speed is 448 you may have an issue with your setup or the actual line

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Kate,

you can always try the web form, see my link, but obvioulsy you would need to be very explicit as this isn't a 2 way conversation.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes its 288k download and upload

what does this advanced circuit thing mean?! would that be the case for a connect package?

my problem is now that tier one wont put me through to tier 2 as they say that i have opened too many tickets and they wont respond anymore. I am on connect and a manager has just told me in tier one that all connect customers have this issue with the line when they first start and i have to wait for 10 days - i get the feeling i am being severely fobbed off !

i am trying to open that page to contact tech support but my cpu is so slow it cant open it . thanks for your help guys and any further information will be great. katie

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Kate,

yes connect is ADSLMax which means for the first 10 days your router and the exchange will constantly seek the best speed for you based on line quality and distance. no they are not fobbing you off there.

After the 10 days your line with stabalise and you will sync always at the best speed possible, the exchange will lock you to the best speed. don't reboot your router atall at any point as this will basically mess up the training period

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: yes its 288k download and upload

Quote Originally Posted by curvy_kate View Post
      i am trying to open that page to contact tech support but my cpu is so slow it cant open it . thanks for your help guys and any further information will be great. katie
      Hmm, even if you are conencted at 288k/288k as you posted earlier, you should still be able to browse OK, it won't be THAT slow.

help@hand is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you can access the router settings page then it isn't your computer speed, log into 192.168.0.1 and make sure there is an ip address in the adsl port, then if there is goto wan setup and change the MTU to 1458 and click apply and retest to see if you can get a page up

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by help@hand View Post
      If you can access the router settings page then it isn't your computer speed, log into 192.168.0.1 and make sure there is an ip address in the adsl port, then if there is goto wan setup and change the MTU to 1458 and click apply and retest to see if you can get a page up
      thing is accessing the router page cannot be counted as that comes over at 100mbps lan link

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi thanks guys think i might give tech support another call today. whats their number again as i am away from home and dont have it!

Last night I unplugged the sky box from the phone socket and plugged the router straight in.

the speed increased about an hour later (noticably so) and so i did another test but the same up and down speeds were there - 288kbps??!

i went to bed so will try again tonight to see if they have increased it and are really increasing it gradually to see ifmy line copes or if it was just because i unplugged the sky tv from the phone socket.

also it says "do no disconnect" on the tv sky socket but when i did it had no effect? what is the purpose of plugging sky tv into the phone socket? thanks x

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Sky TV needs the phone line to charge you for PPV TV and movies and red button voting - if you don't use this then leave it removed (i've not had plugged in for the best part of 3 years)

unless you have multi-room, then you have to have it in....were u running the TV adapter in the socket before the filter? if so, this was the issue. filter HAS to go into the phone socket first, no matter what...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast