Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Becoming hacked off now ... :(

This is a discussion on Becoming hacked off now ... :( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I think that proves the wireless issue. As its been pointed out, wireless for PC networks (especially using th enetgear) ...

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Becoming hacked off now ... :(

I think that proves the wireless issue.

As its been pointed out, wireless for PC networks (especially using th enetgear) is very tempremental.

Having the antenna too close to the main PC can cause exactly the problems you have described (perfect and then randomly sooo poor as the PSU can cause interference etc). Simply slightly re-positioning the antenna can lead to a perfect signal all the time.

It was never going to be a sky/exchange problem as the sync rate was constant and your SNR was way above 7db.

There are threads regarding the power, see Forcing G.DMT on a high error line and it's a bit of an unknown so you cant draw any real conclusions from it.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snood View Post
      These show a down power level to be 896.0 dBm ??????
      Well as I'm sure you know, were this a true figure your router would be giving off the heat of a small sun and Jodrell Bank would have been in touch by now. Like a few other figures in the router stats, I think you can safely presume this is a reporting anomaly.
      Quote Originally Posted by Snood View Post
      Does this show that my problem is perhaps not the wireless connection and something else and that the wirelss issue is simply a coincidental red herring which is muddying the waters???
      Cheers
      Maybe. All I can repeat though is that other users with the same problem have found it to be a wireless connection problem. Wireless throughput going up and down like a yo-yo is not at all uncommon. I am curious to know why you are so reluctant to accept this or show it not to be the case for you by way of a simple test (i.e. run a wired comparison). Is it your training to assume the rare and unusual before the common?

Snood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      Well as I'm sure you know, were this a true figure your router would be giving off the heat of a small sun and Jodrell Bank would have been in touch by now. Like a few other figures in the router stats, I think you can safely presume this is a reporting anomaly.

Maybe. All I can repeat though is that other users with the same problem have found it to be a wireless connection problem. Wireless throughput going up and down like a yo-yo is not at all uncommon. I am curious to know why you are so reluctant to accept this or show it not to be the case for you by way of a simple test (i.e. run a wired comparison). Is it your training to assume the rare and unusual before the common?
      Thanks everyone.

I am not reluctant to try a wired solution on zero basis. The basis is that based on my experience and background i natually looked for help with the things i am less familiar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123