Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Installation Without IE7

This is a discussion on Installation Without IE7 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please forgive me if this question has already been asked but Iím new to this broadband and Ethernet thing. I ...

davetnet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01670
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Installation Without IE7

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked but Iím new to this broadband and Ethernet thing. I received my broad band package from sky (free offer) connected up all the cables put the installation disc in all fine so far, then got to the point where it said install MicroSoft IE7. This program I do not want on my computer as I have read lots of bad reports in the computer mags of how it screws up your PC. How do I do an installation with out IE7? I have tried putting the DNS settings (195.40.1.36) in myself, but get an error message 678. Is there a set of instructions for a total manual installation? I have e-mailed Sky but that was over a week ago and stills no answer. What right do Sky have to say what I have to put on my computer, I would be interested in your opinion on this.

Thank You for Any Help Given (where would we be without it)

2. Advertisement
      ratanw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Installation Without IE7

You do not need the installation CD to work the router - it will work straight out of the box. So you do not have to install IE7. Don't change the DNS either, the router already has the DNS coded in the firmware.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Installation Without IE7

Definately don't use the CD, as mentioned above it will work out of the box. I don't use IE 7 as I use Firefox and it works perfectly.