Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem trying to use Internet Explorer 7 and Sky BB Wirelessly

This is a discussion on Problem trying to use Internet Explorer 7 and Sky BB Wirelessly within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have been experiencing poblems trying to connect to Sky BB recently which were connected to the version I was using ...

trotters is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problem trying to use Internet Explorer 7 and Sky BB Wirelessly

Have been experiencing poblems trying to connect to Sky BB recently which were connected to the version I was using of Internet Explorer. I was on 7.0 but since finding out this problem (and having a techy guy at Sky eventually sort it) have had to revert back to 6.0. Had anyone else out there had the same problem?

If so can you revert back to using Internet Explorer 7.0? As I am finding it hard to go back after so long!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Advertisement
      ratanw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Problem trying to use Internet Explorer 7 and Sky BB Wirelessly

Now that you have a working connection with IE6, reinstall IE7 and see. It too should work in theory.

If there is a problem, check the DNS setting of your computer (search for posts on how to in this forum or google for it) - it should be set at 'Obtain DNS server automatically'.

I was setting up a friend's connection and found that although he was connecting to the router wirelessly, he was not able to connect to the internet. The problem was the DNS server setting. His previous ISP had changed the DNS to their server address and this didn't work with Sky. After changing the setting to 'Obtain DNS server automatically', it worked immediately.