Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connection issue

This is a discussion on Connection issue within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Guys, I'm on Pelsall exchange also and getting about as much joy as everyone else with them. Called them tonight ...

umbral is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pelsall
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection issue

Guys,

I'm on Pelsall exchange also and getting about as much joy as everyone else with them.
      Called them tonight after previously calling them earlier in the week about the problem of connecting to certain sites, msn messenger not connecting and Wow online not connecting.
      Spoke to t1 where I was told t3 had looked at my ticket and it had been closed. The notes on my file where too technical for the t1 person to understand!
      She tried to connect me to t3 twice without success.
      Then put on hold whislt she spoke to a colleague.
      When she came back to me she said wanted me to run through the usual plug this in, take this out routine, which (although I knew was a waste of time) I did.
      Got moved to t2 where the sky rep got me to do some changes to dns and IP address etc, but still no joy.
      Got a new ticket for t3! Did explain I had already been given one earlier in the week but didn't want to know about it.
      So back to square one waiting for t3 to call.
      One thing that is puzzling is that the t1 rep said the exchange was fine. She told me that without me asking about it.
      The mystery continues..........................

Anyone got the Sky customer complaints number handy ?

2. Advertisement
      Cube623 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pelsall (CMPEL)
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by umbral View Post
      Guys,

I'm on Pelsall exchange also and getting about as much joy as everyone else with them.
      Called them tonight after previously calling them earlier in the week about the problem of connecting to certain sites, msn messenger not connecting and Wow online not connecting.
      Spoke to t1 where I was told t3 had looked at my ticket and it had been closed. The notes on my file where too technical for the t1 person to understand!
      She tried to connect me to t3 twice without success.
      Then put on hold whislt she spoke to a colleague.
      When she came back to me she said wanted me to run through the usual plug this in, take this out routine, which (although I knew was a waste of time) I did.
      Got moved to t2 where the sky rep got me to do some changes to dns and IP address etc, but still no joy.
      Got a new ticket for t3! Did explain I had already been given one earlier in the week but didn't want to know about it.
      So back to square one waiting for t3 to call.
      One thing that is puzzling is that the t1 rep said the exchange was fine. She told me that without me asking about it.
      The mystery continues..........................

Anyone got the Sky customer complaints number handy ?
      if you find the number pass it onto me as well

TBH it's not the fact that the internet won't fully work thats beginning to get me angry its the fact that I cannot get a straight answer. If someone just said ok this is defenatly the problem I'd be happy.

Also I feel like I've been lied to as well. I was told by 2 Sky CS people that it was the exchange at fault and it was being upgraded. Now were being told that the exchange has been fine??????? Come on Sky just a simple Yes\No would do
      Cannot Understand Basic English 623

umbral is offline Sky User Member
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just got off the phone to technical support again. Still no joy with getting to talk to someone who actually knows what they are on about. T3 ? does it actually exist ?
      After being told i gotta wait another 3 - 4 days for t3 to contact me I have decided to cancel before my 8 day cooling off period ends.
      I'm not prepared to pay for something I'm not getting and this case with SKY that would be a decent connection with which I can access all sites, use MSN and enjoy online gaming.
      I bid, albeit a brief, fond farewell to SKY and wish you all the best with getting your connection sorted. I'm off to find a proper service.

garry206 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone had anymore luck with this issue? I'm giving it until 25th, then moving my business elsewhere, not good enough Sky.

Legendary is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No change either.

Legendary is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have contacted sky and it doesn't seem to help.
      Sky support think it is antivirus software related. (Rubbish)

Sky say shut down the router and put it back on after an hour. - No change

Sky still believe the connection is fine and the line tested is ok. (Ha)

In desperate attempt I asked them to restart the computer or router at Pelsall Exchange. Sky say they not authorised to do this. I told them to contact the relevant person and get them to do it.

I don't know what I am going to do. I will have to look for other provider soon. Sky doesn't have the skills or knowledge to fix the problem.

What are you going to do about this problem to make Sky do something.

xyz
      xyz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01733
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I haven't found a problem accessing any particular sites but every night this week I lose my internet connection around 8, 9 or 10pm. I open the router page (http://192.168.0.1/start.htm) and click on connection status and find that I am disconnected. When I click on connect, the negotiation box changes to LCP is coming up (or something like that) and mostly, that is as far as I get. Occasionally, it shows that I am then connected but there is no data transfer whatsoever. I would then click on the SKY Test button, and for some strange reason, that invariably changes the connection status from connected to disconnected (probably forcing the system to come clean and admit I have no internet connection). I do not believe that this situation is because of heavy traffic as it stays like this up till the time I go to bed ( 1 to 2 am).

There's no problem in the morning and the rest of the day, just late evening and night.

This is most unsatisfactory. I've emailed this problem to Sky BB but have still to receive anything other than their automated reply.

Is there any point calling them on the phone? From what others are saying, I don't expect to get anywhere with phone calls and I can't face the aggro.

Cube623 is offline Sky User Member
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
      I have contacted sky and it doesn't seem to help.
      Sky support think it is antivirus software related. (Rubbish)

Sky say shut down the router and put it back on after an hour. - No change

Sky still believe the connection is fine and the line tested is ok. (Ha)

In desperate attempt I asked them to restart the computer or router at Pelsall Exchange. Sky say they not authorised to do this. I told them to contact the relevant person and get them to do it.

I don't know what I am going to do. I will have to look for other provider soon. Sky doesn't have the skills or knowledge to fix the problem.

What are you going to do about this problem to make Sky do something.
      What an utter waste of time!!!

I finally managed to contact Tier 3. Their answer was basically the exchange is fine it's something to do with my AV settings!!! This was at about midnight so I just couldn't be bothered to argue any more.

I'm now feeling the urge to look elsewhere for an ISP as this has gone from annoying to stupid and now it has gone to ridiculous!!
      Cannot Understand Basic English 623

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12