Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Very bad start

This is a discussion on Very bad start within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, new here! I'm currently looking forward to having Sky installed on Wednesday, however things aren't looking great at ...

mrmg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Very bad start

Hi guys, new here!

I'm currently looking forward to having Sky installed on Wednesday, however things aren't looking great at the moment as I don't have working broadband.

I'm migrating from Plus.net and my broadband stopped working recently, got in touch with them and they said sky were already in control of the connection so to contact them. It turns out my line was actived on the 9th July (ages before my actual installation date). I called Sky to try and find out how to connect and I'm told to use my Sky router which I haven't go, the guy says it's still not going to arrive for another 3 days, which is very frustrating as I often work from home so really need that connection and it's already been down for a long time. He wouldn't provide me with a way to connect my current router or even provide me details of a backup dial up account so I'm a bit lost as the Plus.net dial up could expire at any time and I'm worried about getting high charges if I use my mobile to connect, especially as I'm actually going to work from home on the day of installation!

Can anyone help with any quick fixes I can use?

Thanks,

--
      mg

2. Advertisement
      acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Very bad start

No your screwed, well until your router turns up!

mrmg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That's a bit useless. Why don't they send the router so it arrives in time for your activation date. It's going to end up being about 10 days without a broadband connection.

Thanks for answering me, hopefully the rest of my package will go well.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

usaully it does come out before activaton - unless ur a Connect customer in which case it does seem to turn up after activation....highly annoying i know
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, with connect, sky don't get the "Date Confirmed" message till you go live in 80% of cases - it is this message which triggers the router being sent out. We cannot see the username/password and don't offer dialup.

Also, I think you'll find Sky Broadband is specifically "not for business use" so that line won't get you much sympathy (wrong or right...) In either case, we can't get routers sent out any quicker...