Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Confused! Router shows ADSL active?

This is a discussion on Confused! Router shows ADSL active? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I am due to be activated with SKY tomorrow and received the router yesterday. I have plugged everything ...

BinarySlave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWBWAT
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Confused! Router shows ADSL active?

Hi all

I am due to be activated with SKY tomorrow and received the router yesterday.

I have plugged everything in and the internet light flashes amber for a brief moment before going to a solid green, meaning i have ADSL enabled on my phoneline. Yet the router will not actually connect to the net .....so my question - is this normal to have an active line before you are fully setup?

A bit of background - I recently moved into this house and brought my phone number with me. I had ADSL on this number at my old address but it should have ceased at the end of June (my old ISP control panel shows i no longer have ADSL on that line aswell). I plugged my old router into teh phoneline several times since ordering SKY (over the last 2 weeks) and every time it has succesfully synced the line .....which i thought was odd to happen so quickly?

The previous occupants had sky broadband, but this house had a diff phone number then so it shouldn't be that? plus they ceased with sky just before they left.

I am probably jumping the gun and should wait until tomorrow - but 3 weeks without broadband is a nightmare and if there is is something i am doing wrong and anyone could help me out i would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Confused! Router shows ADSL active?

it'll be training up with the server but prob not authenticating til 2moro....

BinarySlave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWBWAT
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

cool, thanks for the reply.

wasn't active this morning before i left for work, so hopefully tonight when i get home!

as for the line being active straight away - has anyone experienced this before? (active line way before activation date yet not able to authenticate)

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BinarySlave View Post
      cool, thanks for the reply.

wasn't active this morning before i left for work, so hopefully tonight when i get home!

as for the line being active straight away - has anyone experienced this before? (active line way before activation date yet not able to authenticate)

The router will sync with any adsl signal on the line even another provider and the internet light will come on, but then it uses a username and password to logon to the Sky network, this is the bit thats not completing, probably because you account hasn't been activated yet.
      Mine started working on the activation date was all ok when I got home from work so must have been switched on during the day something.