Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

lied to by sky customer service!

This is a discussion on lied to by sky customer service! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I called sky customer service on the 1/7/07 to inquire about moving from the connect package to the max ...

danny565 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

lied to by sky customer service!

Hi

I called sky customer service on the 1/7/07 to inquire about moving from the connect package to the max package and was told that it is available to me and i will be changed over in 10 days and receive confirmation in the post.
      After waiting nearly two weeks with no confirmation i called sky again today and was told there is no record of the call or that i have requested to move packages.
      The solution i was offered was to setup the change again and this time have to wait 31 days to be moved over, I wasn't really happy with the offered solution so i asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there is no point as i would get the same answer. I insisted that i would stay on the phone until i spoke to a supervisor which i never got to do but the girl came back and said that she has emailed the managers and she thinks i should be changed over in 5 days.
      Do you think i have received a satisfactory solution? and will they really change me over in 5 days?

Cheers for any advice

Danny

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: lied to by sky customer service!

It sounds to me as if they told you what you wanted to hear but only time will tell.

dasboot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Atherton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: lied to by sky customer service!

I hope you get what they have seemingly promised, however the weight of experience tells me nothing will happen.
      I have been going through the exact same process since January, my exchange was enabled last October and I joined their comedy show last August. I have been down the route of only paying 5 for connect until I was transferred, only to find that for the last 3 months they have reverted me back to 17 p/m. I have had telephone calls too numerous to list and the overriding feeling is that I am being lied to every time I call them. Amazing how my orders keep falling off the system after being resubmitted time and time again.
      I have just demanded an immediate MAC code as I cannot stand the blatant lying, my HD sub has also been dropped and as soon as this broadband debacle is transferred to another (honest) provider then my 15 year long Sky subs will be immediately cancelled.
      I know it makes little difference to them but I cannot justify paying such an underhand company anymore.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

you wanna read PC Pro's new report on Broadband, Sky ain't the only one 'lying'....

dasboot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Atherton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Whether other companies are lying was not the point, and it certainly does not justify the constant misleading of customers that Sky BB are carrying out.
      Plain and simple their CS is nothing short of abysmal, at best they are misinformed, at worst they are liars, neither are charcteristics that should be involved in CS.