Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On hearing all the stories of Sky

This is a discussion on On hearing all the stories of Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Admitedly teething problems can be incredibly frustrating but commercially it is difficult to see a future other than Sky BB ...

Julian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Admitedly teething problems can be incredibly frustrating but commercially it is difficult to see a future other than Sky BB providing a good and reliable service.

Sky is a very big revenue and profit focussed organisation and ultimately it is cheaper for them to have a bunch of reliable electronic gizmos providing reliable service to the level advertised rather than things falling apart all over the place and them needing extra staff in customer services and support to pick up the pieces, all of whom need to be paid salaries and given office space and equipment. Also, if they upset people too badly with the broadband service, then they risk consequential damage to the satellite subscriber base and an own goal for bundled cable services.

Bottom line is that I personally am willing to make a leap of faith that, even if it isn't right on day 1, it will come good very quickly. Then again, maybe I'm just hopelessly naive.

- Julian

2. Advertisement
      marvel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think that all the problems stem from the way Sky sees any market.
      All you have to do is advertise!
      They forget that broadband is very different to television.
      The result is tha BT suddenly gets swamped and unfortunately they don't have engineers to spare to cover the load.
      So what does Sky do, they push through the easy connections and hope the ones with problems will go away.
      This is why a small percentage are having big problems but the vast majority can't see what all the fuss is about!

I had personally cancelled my order but have been convinced that there is light at the end of the tunnel so I am trying again.

I've always been a sucker.

Shayes6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had a few complaints with regards to delays & misinformation from what I assume is an overworked & very harassed Customer service team, but since being connected yesterday Im happy with the speeds Im getting & am having no problems with p2p & torrents, which was something I was admittedly a little nervous about. (although Im guessing once more get activated this may get a little throttled).

There have been quite a few disconnects on my wireless connection to my laptop, but nothing I wouldnt expect until the line settles down. So far (touch wood) on my main pc with its wired connection everything has been splendid.

Pretty happy

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Shayes6

I tend to agree with your comments as for the disconnections do you have the mode in Wireless Settings set to Auto if not try that as I was having the same problem with a couple of PC's on my network that fixed it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Shayes6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Giving it a go now wheelie. Cheers for the tip
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 11-09-06 at 10:51 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;-)

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      NP mate hope it sorts you out
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12