Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving to sky tomorrow

This is a discussion on Moving to sky tomorrow within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, just wanted to ask a question. Im moving over to sky tomorrow 11/7/07. I was just wondering even though ...

olli460 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving to sky tomorrow

Hello, just wanted to ask a question. Im moving over to sky tomorrow 11/7/07. I was just wondering even though i will move over to sky, will my old ISP still work even after sky have used my mac code. I was hoping to keep my old ISP for an extra month just incase sky have any problems with the move.

Ive tried plugging my sky modem in and it says its connected but its using my old connection saying connected at 3MB which is what i get with my old ISP so will it change when sky have updated me?

Regards

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving to sky tomorrow

When your Sky connection becomes active your old one will cease. You will only know when this has been done when you can no longer log on with your old ISP, then you need to change over to using your Sky router.

olli460 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok thanks. As it says my connection is due on the 11/07/07 will i be able to use sky at Midnight or will it only work during the day?

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

its engineer driven, mine was done around 9am

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Mine was done at 4 in the morning so yours could be done at anytime. I think Sky also say that it can be done up to three days after that date.

Covfather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, i've just recived a voicemail stating that my Broadband with Sky has been activated, i've yet to recieve a welcome pack/broadband activation date from sky, i currently have my ADSl with another company and only provided my mac code to sky on Friday..... i havnt recieved a router yet from Sky either... i can still get onto the t'internet through my pc using my current netgear router.... how can i check or know if my line has been changed??

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Covfather View Post
      Hi, i've just recived a voicemail stating that my Broadband with Sky has been activated, i've yet to recieve a welcome pack/broadband activation date from sky, i currently have my ADSl with another company and only provided my mac code to sky on Friday..... i havnt recieved a router yet from Sky either... i can still get onto the t'internet through my pc using my current netgear router.... how can i check or know if my line has been changed??
      I bet you're on connect - line will have been changed, router will be on its way, 3-5 working days

ianahunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Covfather View Post
      A similar thing has happened to me. Sky said I went live on the 26th June, but I didn't receive the router until 3rd July. My old Orange connection was still active. After informing Orange of the situation, they cancelled my account and I don't have any broadband. They said they would cease my line on the 24th July, so I can't do a thing until then.

Some migration that was. I just hope it's not indicative of the overall Sky service.

Xorro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Hine Hub 3
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm due to be activated on Max today. Tried the Sky router this morning, but I'm still running Eclipse. Hopefully it will be on when I get home tonight

As a side note I can get pop mail from Sky in Thunderbird, but I can't log on to the Sky SMTP server, so I'm not sure whether this will work once I've been switched to Sky.