Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

GigabitEthernet5-0.linx1.lon1.level3.net

This is a discussion on GigabitEthernet5-0.linx1.lon1.level3.net within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Been with Sky BB for a few months now and I'm generally happy with the service. I RDP into a ...

ameldridge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wantage, Oxfordshire
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Post GigabitEthernet5-0.linx1.lon1.level3.net

Been with Sky BB for a few months now and I'm generally happy with the service.

I RDP into a couple of remote servers in the evenings but recently the latency to these servers has been appalling.

Performing a tracert to either of these servers I notice that on both occasions I get connected via a router named 'GigabitEthernet5-0.linx1.lon1.level3.net' and it's this router where my ping rate rockets.

I've spoken to Sky Broadband's technical support and eventually got my case raised to 2nd line (after stating that I would be cancelling my contract) and they have informed me that there is nothing they can do about this (as I was expecting) but to be honest this makes my working from home, well, unworkable.

Anyone else have problems with Internet traffic going through this route?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Milton-Eldridge
      Last edited by ameldridge; 10-07-07 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Spelling ;)

2. Advertisement
      velcrohead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Royston (EARST)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: GigabitEthernet5-0.linx1.lon1.level3.net

No help with your problem but I have just migrated from Zen and they also route through level3, Pretty much the same situation, Most of the time level3 are ok, But every now and again the problems you describe rear their ugly heads.