Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection problems with "mid"

This is a discussion on Connection problems with "mid" within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I'm new to this forum, but hope someone can help. I had been on Connect for 5 months without ...

xc runner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: northwich
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection problems with "mid"

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but hope someone can help.
      I had been on Connect for 5 months without any real problems, got changed to Mid last week. No concerns, apart from the fact I felt it was a little slow (2 meg at best, rather than the 3.5 I was getting previously). I decided to ring sky (big mistake), they made me do a factory reset on the router, after which I had no wireless signal at all. Then we spent the next hour changing WEP settings etc etc before they gave up and told me I'd have to be referred to tier 3 !! I spent the next hour getting my wireless network up and running again and putting my WEP settings back to normal. One thing I did notice was that I had to unplug and replug in the router several times before the "i" light came on (internet light not wireless light).

I now have a wireless connection again, but - every 5 minutes or so it seems to disconnect me, by this I mean that I get a red cross through the wireless icon at the bottom of my screen and I can't access the web. While this is happening though, the wireless signal remains constant (five bars of signal)
      and if I access the router user panel and look at the statistics and connection info it tells me I'm still connected. To get back on line is easy, I access the network settings page, go to wireless networks and click on the sky icon.

I've checked filters, moved to different extensions, moved telephones etc out of the way, oh and turned the uPnP off. I've contacted tier 3 and they haven't got a clue, but I had no problems until I reset the router.
      Any ideas ?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Connection problems with "mid"

sounds like a dead router....

jonmarriott is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Werrington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection problems with "mid"

sorry to hear of your probs BUT essentially we have the same problem of speed reduction following switch from connect to MID...