Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Blocking Spam

This is a discussion on Blocking Spam within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have asked before, about how to block addresses from my e mails, but the only answer I got was ...

Larandia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Blocking Spam

I have asked before, about how to block addresses from my e mails, but the only answer I got was if I was getting my e mails through Outlook Express. Which I am not. I view them on the sky page and do not download. Unfortunately, now I am getting loads and loads of unsolicited e mails, and it is DRIVING ME NUTS. There must be some way of blocking these addresses when I go on to see my e mails on the sky page. There is a junk box, but I have no idea how to get e mails put into it, and what's the point anyway. I will still have them coming in.

Anyone know how to block the darn things in the first place. Yes. No. Can anyone help.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Blocking Spam

If you are only viewing your mails online then there is very little that you can do other than to create another address and use that instead. If you use the likes of Gmail for example, they have in built spam filters which automatically move your spam to the trash folder. You can also check your Sky mail via the online Gmail website if you want:

See here for more details (remember you need a Gmail account):

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...B&answer=21288