Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Had enough now, how to cancel?

This is a discussion on Had enough now, how to cancel? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have had an issue for nearly 4 weeks now with my Sky (Max Package), I have been told yesterday ...

kazz0817 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Had enough now, how to cancel?

I have had an issue for nearly 4 weeks now with my Sky (Max Package), I have been told yesterday that there was a fault found (something to do with security or something) at the exchange on my line, and that it was repaired, I was told to call TIER3 back, but I just cant get ahold of them, Instead I get stupid indian people who I dont understand, and they insist on running me through various tests, ALL I NEED IS TIER 3, when I did get through at 5am this morning (I got up especially) they told me they needed to hang up to test line and they would rin back at 9.30am......they didnt ring, its now 11am, I phoned back and guess what?? I cant get through again, I dont care about my line now I dont want the service, it is a joke, I thought NTL was bad, Sky are terrible, I want out, the Customer Service is ridiculous, none of them have a clue, only the guys at TIER3 seem to have a brain cell, yet they forget to call you back! They have me running round my house like an idiot with my router in my hand plugging it in all over, and I keep telling them, the connection is terrible on test socket, why must I go through the same stuff over and over and over.

How do i cancel the service? (fastest and least hassle way) also can I claim back my Phone call money to Tech Services? I have called them loads and loads over the past few weeks? Whats all this stuf about MAC Codes, I will try Virgin Media, will they need a MAC Code from Sky (whatever it is)?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Had enough now, how to cancel?

as you're out of your cooling off period the only way o cancel is to pay off the remainding 11 months-odd line rental and then get the MAC code to move elsewhere...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      as you're out of your cooling off period the only way o cancel is to pay off the remainding 11 months-odd line rental and then get the MAC code to move elsewhere...
      I dont think so, "Not fit for purpose" springs to mind, consumer rights and all that.

shiptoncraig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, their customer service is largely terrible. I phoned this morning, was put on to somebody I could barely understand and had to hold. I cut off after 30 minutes, there was just no response.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I would like to comment about their customer services but tier 3 still haven't responded to my ticket from last Wednesday. I can see that I am going to have to chase them up myself.

Old Blue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have to agree with you.Sky don't seem to know what they are doing, and their so-called experts know even less.I've had nothing but problems since coming over from Virgin media, and i thought they were bad enough.It seems that broadband services in the UK are in the infant stage when you compare it to the US.Sky is nothing but a load of crap, and i'm in the process of cancelling as well.Their support is the biggest waste of time, as they seem to be reading everything from a script.You never get to talk to the right person, and if you are lucky enough to get through to tier 3, they are worse than useless.

kazz0817 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yeah I know, customer service is absolutely terrible, I got through to Tier1 who told me Tier3 need to talk to me regarding more line tests, so put me through I said.....we cant wait longer than 2 minutes......what? you just told me Tier3 want me, how can I talk to them then??

5 Phone calls later i STILL not spoke to them, 15 worth of calls to Sky and my service is still not working right, im getting 1.5mb when I should be minimum 4mb on a 6mb capable line.

Now they have sent it to a BT Wholesale who is supposed to be "walking my line" for faults whatever that means.......so now I have to wait 2 days for another call of progress.

josewick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

at least they have BT on the case for you but in my case, they refused to get BT to come cos they said sky don;t want to pay to BT if it is not SKY;s fault on my b/band issue..

Then BT don;t want to know anything related to b/band since its SKy who is my ISP...

Where do i stand?

They have thrown me back and forth many times and my problem is not fixed

Damn it

davefaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You want bad support, then try Tesco. Brain dead idiots.

The basic problem seems to be that companies get involved in new concepts ( for them ), think of profit first, and support last. It's a mad rush to provide a service without thinking of the consequences. NTL support isn't that bad these days. In fact it never was, as long as you got to speak to an engineer rathar than a moron who is just paid to answer the phone
      and read pages from the "idiot's guide to support" booklet.

Basically you stand knee deep. In theory you have your rights, in practice it is best to just adopt the path of least stress.
      Last edited by davefaz; 14-07-07 at 10:44 AM.

Springy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Re: Had enough now, how to cancel?

Just a quick question:

I'm currently having trouble with my speed (only 128K! but that's another story!) but if i get the MAC from sky and go to another bb provider, will this speed issue follow? would it be better to cancel the bb and then start again with another company? although that would mean i was without internet for about a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast