Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Major Migration Problems

This is a discussion on Major Migration Problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I hope someone can help me with this, I'm at the end of my tether with it I'm ...

ianahunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Major Migration Problems

Hi all,
      I hope someone can help me with this, I'm at the end of my tether with it

I'm with Orange, but migrated over to Sky. I gave my MAC to Sky, and that was that. I then received my router, but didn't get a letter with an activation date.
      I spoke to Sky, and they said I went active on 26th June.

Now, I'm still currently active with Orange so I cannot access the Sky network.
      After several phone calls, one chap at Sky said it sounded like the BT engineer signed off that the job had been done, but didn't actually do it. Something to do with physically moving cables in my exchange?

I spoke to Orange, they checked with BT and Sky is my provider. Yet, I'm still on the Orange network. I plugged in my Sky router, but it doesn't get an IP address etc, and the Sky Test brings up an error 300. When I check the stats, it says it can't connect to the server.

Am I correct in thinking that this won't work at all, because since Orange is still active, I can't have two broadband lines on the single phone line?

Sky support have basically said it should be working, and that the migration took place successfully. I have had zero downtime from Orange during the whole carry on, and my Orange router should no longer work. But it does.

I'd appreciate it if someone could offer any advice, as I'm at breaking point with the whole thing.

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Major Migration Problems

If your orange router is still working, and you can get a connection when using the orange router i.e. can still browse, then this means you are still with orange.

ianahunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Major Migration Problems

That's my point though, I'm still with Orange, yet Sky and BT say I'm with Sky!

Would it be worth speaking to BT to explain my situation? It sounds as though the work at the exchange wasn't done by the engineer. Does anyone know a number I can contact BT on regarding this?

To me the solution seems so simple - the engineer needs to move my connections in the exchange from Orange to Sky. But actually getting anyone to listen to me is nigh on impossible.