Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

No internet or wireless light

This is a discussion on No internet or wireless light within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Sorry for my first post being a rant, but..... I ordered and have been paying for sky broadband for ...

adeyman is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:

No internet or wireless light

Sorry for my first post being a rant, but.....

I ordered and have been paying for sky broadband for 2 months, but it took until 4 weeks after my "your line is now active" letter before my line was actually active and for the last 2 weeks I have had no internet, so I think I've had a total of 10 days uptime in 2 months.

Basically 2 weekends ago I went to go online with no luck, went and had a look at the router and there was no internet light or wireless light (only the power and '1'). I tried holding in the reset button and it did nothing. I tried to connect at and the router wasn't reachable, I tried pinging the router and it was unreachable. After every combination of holding the reset button in while power cycling I could think of I gave up and phoned Sky.

Now, I must have phoned sky 8 times in the last 2 weeks and every time it is the same fiasco. Every time I have to spend 20 minutes going through the ridiculous series of questions about whether it's plugged in and waiting while they do line tests which are always fine. Then I go through to tier 2 support who say they have to wait for BT to do a line check and assure me they will phone back within 24 hours but never have. When I phone Sky back up to check the status I have to start at the begining again! Even though I have a ticket number!!

I phoned BT myself and they did a line test and told me it was fine....twice. I told the tier 2 guy I would gladly buy my own router because I am so sure it is the router that is broken but they can't give me my username and password...and as I said I can't reach the router so I can't do the URL injection everyone keeps talking about.

What on earth do I do? I am really at my wits end. I'm phoning back again tonight because, guess what, Teir 2 didn't call me back :O Short of just cancelling and having to wait for another ISP to pick up service where do I go from here?

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Re: No internet or wireless light

You obviously understand enough about the router to know that's it's probably faulty.

Just to go over the obvious stuff -- presumably you are linking to it by ethernet cable when you do stuff like pinging, probably you've tried IPCONFIG /ALL from the command prompt and you know about going via Internet Explorer to reach the user interface at

If so it's really just a matter of convincing Sky -- meanwhile see e-bay or your local Car Boot sale, Cash Converters etc for a Sky router. I paid 6 but some were selling for 15 -- still worth it to avoid hair tearing.