Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How do i get my line moved from G.MT to ADSL2+?

This is a discussion on How do i get my line moved from G.MT to ADSL2+? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I called Sky. me- "Hello, i would liek the cap removed from my line and would like to be moved ...

briggsy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How do i get my line moved from G.MT to ADSL2+?

I called Sky. me- "Hello, i would liek the cap removed from my line and would like to be moved to ADSL2+" sky- "Im sorry sir, i dont know what ADSL2+ is, let me refer you to the departmant that deals with product changes" Then i got soem clueless woman, "hello, what package would you like to move too?" me- "ADSL2!" sky- "im sorry sir, you have to wait 12 months!"
      im already on max........ ffs. i have made lots of improvments to my indoor cabelign htat was causing my bad speeds in the past, now im at the G.MT limit. how do i get to tier2 or even teir 3 support? or how do i get my damn line put on ADSL2?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: How do i get my line moved from G.MT to ADSL2+?

you need to explain that due to fault at your end tier 3 capped your line. now this is resolved can you please raise a ticket to have the cap removed. they should make one then and try to transfer you through....

stuartp44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bacup
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is not an easy problem to fix, i had the exact same problem as you where i couldnt get my line cap lifted due to the breakdown in cummunication in tier 1 i ended up with a line that was 2.5mbps anyhow consistency and constant anyol i kept ringing sky up and finally got thought to tier three who i was then told by the operator that i could'nt recive anything over 5.5mbps. Cut a long story short i said look un cap me and then lets see so he does his stuff and gues what uncapped (puts me onto adsl2+ and un caps me) striaght away i sync at 16mb and really really thrashed my line with a few iso downloads and hey preso he said and i quote "I am plesantly surprised at that" very little dropouts since and that was about a mounth and a half ago now, therefore the morrle of the storie is ring up sky technical support and keep opening tickets and evenually you will get thought to tier 3 who well then talk to you with full knowlege of what there talking about and you may even get a special somat out of it like me :P i dont have to go thought tier 1 or 2 no more he put a note on my account to say i dont have to

but of course you have to work in the indrustry to know how to give them a slap down the phone :P

hope this helps

Stuart
      Last edited by stuartp44; 06-07-07 at 01:21 AM.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

@stuartp

I agree with you on some parts of what you said. A lot of Tier 1 advisers do not know the difference between G.DMT and ADSL2+, as its not in the training. The reason its not in the training is because they dont need to know about those things. all they need to know is how to make connection checks and the basic troubleshooting.

It is only the Tier 3 department who have to worry about such things, as they are the ones that configure your line.

As for not having to go to Tier 1 anymore, I think your slightly confused.

Tier 3 will only accept calls from Tier 1 or Tier 2 operators. If a call comes through to them from any other department, they reject the call. They have to. Also, they will only deal with Open tickets, so if you dont have one, they dont take the call.

Some Tier 3 advisers will try and say that you should get put straight through, but unless you get the exact same adviser, and even thats not a guarantee that you'll get straight through, you basically have to stick with the Tier 1 till a ticket is made, and that is only done after all basic troubleshooting has been performed.

Just thought i'd clear that up.