Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

It's all gone Pete Tong

This is a discussion on It's all gone Pete Tong within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Was happily using the BB mid range up until about 3 weeks ago, when the conenction just went. Now have ...

Plankton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question It's all gone Pete Tong

Was happily using the BB mid range up until about 3 weeks ago, when the conenction just went. Now have no wireless connection and cannot connect via cable either, despite the nice little Netgear Router telling me he's green and there is a BB connection. Lappie can pick up neighbours Sky connection wirelessly no prob's. Have tried searching for my now non-bradcasting network but it just can't find it.

any of you had this problem before and if so do you know of a way around it or is my router Kaput..reaallly want to avoid contacting their tech help if I can.

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: It's all gone Pete Tong

Doe's sound like it has died. BUT when you ring Sky I would advise you to unplug your router and tell them it has no lights at all. Otherwise they will have you running round in circles and jumping through hoops before they will send you a replacement.

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: It's all gone Pete Tong

Do you know how to address the router's user interface via Internet Explorer -- see the help files on Sky CD. You may need to add an ethernet adapter to your laptop, but some have a network connector already.

Once in the router see which channel the wireless is set to -- and move to a channel six stops away from the neighbour's wireless signal. Turn off wireless encryption temporarily. Relocate cordless phone base station, video sender etc.