Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Will I ever get connected!!!??

This is a discussion on Will I ever get connected!!!?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all.... Would like to share the frustration i have been having trying to connect to Sky broadband. I have ...

Daz
      Daz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Will I ever get connected!!!??

Hi all....

Would like to share the frustration i have been having trying to connect to Sky broadband.

I have migrated over from Virgin and had an activation date of last tuesday... went onto the BT website to track my orders and everything was looking good for the big day.... well the big day came and went... nothing.... still can get onto virgin but nothing on sky!! On the BT site my upgrade to the 'LLU line share PSTN' (whatever this is!!) was now showing no details.... it said unable to confirm please try again later. This is still in this state this morning.

I've contacted sky (lost count how many times!) and they have told me various things... there was a problem at the exchange and would take 2 hours to fix.. 5 days later nothing!!! It's in BT hands and they cant do anything for me... try the next day.. and the next day and the next day (after ringing them every day!). Now this morning i'm being told it's something to do with migration from another provider and BT are experiencing problems.. apparantly the problem is called a 'Ky per shift'??!! whatever this is and BT are working through the backlog to resolve this.... this may take all week!!!

So... as you can imagine im very fustrated!!! to be honest i wish I hadn't of bothered because I have no broadband at all now!!! I just feel as if im being constantly fobbed off from Sky and BT are no help at all as they wont talk to me about it... only Sky!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!!

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      i would phone sky back and ask to speak to a manager
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Daz

I am really sorry to read whats been happening mate and take my work I know how you feel.

I should have been activated on Thursday and sure enough come 5pm lost everything ADSL and phone service, it does say somewhere that this can take up to 2 hours to be completed so I watch and wait by 8pm I gave up and call BT faults. Oh sorry but there is a fault on your line blah blah blah well seem that the engineer screwed up some where and its taken until late this afternoon to get it all sorted.

I have to agree with SatDish and call them but speak to TS they were the ones I called as when my phone came back as I still had no ADSL they sorted it out in a couple of hours, in my case I cannot fault SkyBB they did there best for me.

Good luck and hope you are sorted soon.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

alanchisnall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm in the same position. I got my MAc code from Virgin. Should have been switched over 30 August. that moved to 8 Sept. Still not switched over. I'm on hold now with Sky (over 10 minutes up to now) trying to find out why I'm still not switched/ How do I track my progress on BT and/or Sky?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site alanchisnall

Sorry to hear that hope you manage to get it sorted soon, as for tracking you can only do that on the BT site if you have an account with them then login here Order Tracking if you dont have an account but you have a bill then you can register here Your Account

Hope this helps.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here