Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Moving Home

This is a discussion on Moving Home within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Wow, what a read. Seems Sky like to make things as hard as possible! I have just moved house and ...

SkyBroadbandSuck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Moving Home

Wow, what a read. Seems Sky like to make things as hard as possible!

I have just moved house and got a new telephone number and thought all I had to do was ask them to switch the Broadband to this number.

No, you guessed it, not possible. I have to wait 10 days for the old one to terminate even though the line with BT has been cancelled then another 10 days for the service on the new number.

2. Advertisement
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Well I changed my number and Sky provisioning still will not allow me to place a new order on the new number. They say I have to wait until the pending cancel comes off the account.

Starting to do my head in now and I cancelled a order with a new 30 day contract company that was due to go live this Monday coming, what a nighmare.

How can I get Sky to add an aditional order to my account?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Providing the new line is clear, you can place an additional broadband order on a seperate telephone number whilst the original number is in Pending Cancel. not all provisioning agents are aware of this however...
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

that cant, only one BB order per account at any time...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not true, one BB line can be pending cancel and another can be awaiting provision or active on a seperate phone line. As I said, a lot of agents are unaware of this because its not been briefed, but it has been checked with a TM and is valid (and works!)

Thanks

Well I called today and the provisioning agent said that the pending cancel was removed and attempted to place a new order but that came back with an error and now I have to wait again.

Bunch of dic*heads if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Not true, one BB line can be pending cancel and another can be awaiting provision or active on a seperate phone line. As I said, a lot of agents are unaware of this because its not been briefed, but it has been checked with a TM and is valid (and works!)
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

Thanks

Im still waiting, what a nightmare.

SkyBroadbandSuck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBroadbandSuck View Post
      No, you guessed it, not possible. I have to wait 10 days for the old one to terminate even though the line with BT has been cancelled then another 10 days for the service on the new number.
      Well spoke to an agent today who seemed to make a lot of sense and said "if you have a new line and this has been active with BT for more than 5 days then I don't see why I can't Provision you now".

I explained that this is what I have been asking every day for over a week since if I can get active with Tiscali, BT, AOL....surely Sky can do the same.

Quarter of an hour later and he tells me that it should be active within the next 14 days at the latest.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

the issue is not to do with the line, is for the systems to have the previous account cancelled so we can provide it on the new number. If there was no order in ur sky account it'd go straight through

until ur account is clear a new order won't go through - if I ever move house im just gonna live a couple of weeks to cancel completely and not bother with MAC as they're nothing but trouble
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

with moving home orders the problem is this;

If a cease is placed once the BT line has been cancelled, BT reject the cease on the grounds that the line doesn't exist. The billing system doesn't handle 'cease rejected' messages correctly and this causes the broadband account to stay at 'Pending Cancel'. In this situation, a new order can be placed on a different phone number. The billing system will then display one line 'Pending Cancel' and one line 'Awaiting Provision' providing the new number is a clear untagged line.

Going back to the original problem. If a cease is rejected and the billing software says 'Pending Cancel' it has to be escalated for a status change. The purpose of this is to manually change the status of the cease in the ordering system from Rejected to Complete - this sends a message to the billing software to say the line is now clear and removes the pending cancel. Unfortunately, this process can take up to and over a month, even with it being escalated...

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBroadbandSuck View Post
      Well spoke to an agent today who seemed to make a lot of sense and said "if you have a new line and this has been active with BT for more than 5 days then I don't see why I can't Provision you now".

I explained that this is what I have been asking every day for over a week since if I can get active with Tiscali, BT, AOL....surely Sky can do the same.

Quarter of an hour later and he tells me that it should be active within the next 14 days at the latest.
      All you need to do now is give them a call back and make sure the order has been placed but sounds like they've managed to place it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast