Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Banging heads against brick walls!

This is a discussion on Banging heads against brick walls! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I would really appreciate some advice on how to sort this problem! I am a reasonably happy SkyBB customer so ...

Regord is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swindon, Blunsdon
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Banging heads against brick walls!

I would really appreciate some advice on how to sort this problem!

I am a reasonably happy SkyBB customer so I encouraged my daughter to go for the same. Well she did get connected for a while, somewhat unstable, but then it dropped out completely. Despite several phone calls she has not been able to connect for several weeks now! The checks all seem to say the line is ok so that must mean there is a problem in the router or wiring - yes?

So I took her kit to my house and checked it on my line and found that all seemed ok except the router. I couldn't connect to it wireless or via hard cable and could get no internet connection. This seemed quite conclusive to me, so I told her to go call sky and order another router.

So she did and was told that my test was NOT valid as the router will only work on the supplied telephone line/number!! Surely that is total b/s! Apart from this, the fact that you can't log in to the router means it is stuffed doesn't it? But still Sky won't replace it. They have to wait another 3/4 days for "tests". Apart from anything else thay have spent a lot of money on the 0870 number to support and are getting ready to chuck it all in. I hope the fact that she is starting at the Base Package is not influencing the lack of response.

I just want to know how I can move this forward for her and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regord

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Banging heads against brick walls!

I believe the router should have worked on your line. I have 3 Sky routers and they all log in on my line. Best way to get another router is to tell them it has now gone dead no lights, a puff of black smoke came out of it and it smells of burning. Bit underhanded I know but should get you a new router.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Banging heads against brick walls!

Agreed it should work on any Sky enabled line.

the router will only work on the supplied telephone line/number!!
      Just another demonstration of Sky CS's competence.