Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving house (oh NO!! its all going to go wrong again)

This is a discussion on Moving house (oh NO!! its all going to go wrong again) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm moving house on the 29/06/07 and I'm taking my BB package with me along with a upgrade from SKY+ ...

smogzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingatestone
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving house (oh NO!! its all going to go wrong again)

I'm moving house on the 29/06/07 and I'm taking my BB package with me along with a upgrade from SKY+ to HD and I'm getting the Sky Phone package. I'll be taking the router to the new address with me.

I've phoned SKY already and have a set up date for my TV and BT are coming round on the 2nd to set up my new phone line. I already have the new telephone number (even though I dont legally own the house till Friday) and my Sky BB and TV are in the process of being cancelled and should be on the 29th.

Now I'm told by customer services that I have to wait 7 days after my BT line is activated to apply for the BB and phone then it would take a further 15 days for the BB to be activated.

I had loads of problems a few months ago switching from my old isp to SKY (it took nearly 7 weeks) and the thought of no internet for over 3 weeks is daunting I do pratically everything online, from banking, paying bills, shopping, speaking to family abroad and because I work long hours I find it difficult to get access to an internet cafe and I wouldnt want to deal with my finances there anyway.

So...any tips on how to speed this process up? What actually happens? Do i really have to wait for 3 weeks?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      BuckleZ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Londonderry Waterside
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving house (oh NO!! its all going to go wrong again)

Its what i had to do, dialup sux but at least its some form of net access
      BT Infinity

payless is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: four oaks
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just moved, and they tell me they will cancel it off old line, and for me to call back after 14 days to start it on new line ( guess another 2 weeks)

To be honest not that bothered ( got BB on 2nd line already).. but still within my 12m contract for both TV and BB, so asked what would happen if I did not restart BB... was told would have to send back box or charge 50..

anyone know if
      1. when resetting BB on new line they charge
      2. If box becomes mine ( ie no 50 fee on cancelling ) after the 12m

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not sure, but the box won't do anything so theres no harm in sending it back? When resetting the BB down a new line on a moving home, there is no charge.