Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Am I connected?

This is a discussion on Am I connected? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Having been "connected" on 19.6, I phoned Sky to find our why I could not connect, told the router is ...

rewob65 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Am I connected?

Having been "connected" on 19.6, I phoned Sky to find our why I could not connect, told the router is not depstached until after connection. OK I had thought it would be seemless and had thought I could use my existing router but, that is why I earn a small salary and the Murdochs do not.

My concern is that when the router comes is my line up as my existing router does not have its internet light on, will this mean there is yet more disaster to come? ie finding that the connection has not been made.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Am I connected?

If you can not use your existing router as it will not connected then you line has been changed over to Sky and as soon as your new router turns up you will be able to connect to the internet again.

I still haven't seen anybody come up with any reason why Sky send the routers out only after the connection date, and why this is not explained either on the phone or in the small print when signing up.

rewob65 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry I was not clear. I know that I have lost my old ISP, I hought that the light would be still on as there is an ISP connection now to Sky, even though I could not connect as not having a password.

In fact there is no internet light which makes me think I now have no ISP. This may just me being paranoid of yet more calls to support.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

call BT then and see if the order completed. bu yeah, in theory a router will pick up DSL signal regardless of authentication (USB ones wont though in my experience)