Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router appears fine but can't get on internet

This is a discussion on Router appears fine but can't get on internet within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Thought I had seen the last of these pages as the great help I received last time had ...

Muppet13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leigh on Sea
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Router appears fine but can't get on internet

Hi all,

Thought I had seen the last of these pages as the great help I received last time had put me on the straight and narrow until now.

Basically lights on router appear to indicate that everything is fine there butn computer (with Vista) indicates that I am only on a local connection (no globe icon in system tray). This has only happened in the last couple of days, before then everything was running very smoothly. Can anyone help?

When something similar happened before I followed a series of actions/instructions given to me on this site that I can't find now. All I remember was that one of the options was to uninstall the ethernet driver, does anyone know where I can find this information again?

2. Advertisement
      Sky_Surfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Router appears fine but can't get on internet

Check in network and sharing center your network is showing as a private network if it isnt make it private and you should be sorted.