Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Network Outage

This is a discussion on Network Outage within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Does anybody know if Sky has fixed the problem yet because my connection keeps dropping regularly and it has ...

Dan UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Little Budworth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Network Outage

Hi,

Does anybody know if Sky has fixed the problem yet because my connection keeps dropping regularly and it has become a nuisance to say the least.

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      rimmers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lichfield
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi All,

Lichfield exchange was down from the night of 25th June, all day 26th June and was back up when I tried it on the evening of 27th June.

I have had a similar experience a few months ago when again my connection was down for 2-3 days.

It would be really handy if Sky had a service status screen so we could see what the problems are and how long it will take to rectify.

I have signed the poll on this website saying 'YES' a service status screen would be really helpful.

Regards

Neil

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rimmers View Post
      Hi All,

Lichfield exchange was down from the night of 25th June, all day 26th June and was back up when I tried it on the evening of 27th June.

I have had a similar experience a few months ago when again my connection was down for 2-3 days.

It would be really handy if Sky had a service status screen so we could see what the problems are and how long it will take to rectify.

I have signed the poll on this website saying 'YES' a service status screen would be really helpful.

Regards

Neil

You could use the easynet one here Easynet > Support Portal > Status Information Easynet are owned by Sky and operate the Sky network. But your problem dosen't appear on there, sure it was the exchange?
      Last edited by Koala5; 28-06-07 at 10:48 AM.

iant54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley, Kent
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We've been experiencing an off/on connection for at least a couple of times this week, which is annoying as the modem/router is not easily accessible and needs rebooting each time.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The router can be rebooted from the router main menu, also random disconnections can have many causes including line and internal wiring issues. They are rarely caused by the exchange itself. Check out the Router Stats section on the front page of the forum.

Basey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCKEN (Kendal)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

another 24 hour outage the other day, that makes 3 in 6 days!!!! web browsing is impossible, it took 7 minutes just to get here, it took 12 minutes to recieve 1 email ('recieving email' for 12 minutes!!) ........... im getting really peeved off now, no explanation from Sky, I must of rang them about 15 times and everytime I get the same answer ... 'we are currently experiencing problems with our broadband service, our engineers are aware of the problem and are currently trying to fix it, we have no idea when it will be repaired, please keep trying your connection' .............. that is no help to me

is there anybody on this forum with a bit of clout that could try and find out exactly what the problem is ....... its now nearly 1 week since my connection went down and its still no nearer being sorted, Sky technical team say it is a problem with my exchange (LCKEN) but cant tell me what the problem is or when it will be fixed

im paying for a service im not getting, breach of contract springs to mind

EDIT - Rang technical again, said it would be fixed tomorrow (Friday) at around 7pm ......... I would like to believe them but they have been saying that since it went down last Friday ('...it should be fixed tomorrow...')
      Last edited by Basey; 28-06-07 at 07:51 PM.

Basey

You are around 190 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies!).

Basey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCKEN (Kendal)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chintz View Post
      I worked out dat if u cut 5 Mid Package BB over 30 days its like 16 to 17p per day! haha

Not much of a refund!

what about all the phone calls ive made to Sky, the money ive lost through my Ebay store (a weeks worth!!!) and the hours ive spent trying to sort it all out? A good will gesture would be much appreciated, although I doubt they will do that, not bothered about the fiver, but I am about the 130 ive lost on my ebay store

Basey

You are around 190 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies!).

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Basey View Post
      what about all the phone calls ive made to Sky, the money ive lost through my Ebay store (a weeks worth!!!) and the hours ive spent trying to sort it all out? A good will gesture would be much appreciated, although I doubt they will do that, not bothered about the fiver, but I am about the 130 ive lost on my ebay store

i can understand wanting to claim back on your phone bill but Ebay is a no go for sure

they will just say you cant use sky broadband as a buisness

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Are there any issues on the network today as I have had random disconnections today and looking at my log through the night as well.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Are there any issues on the network today as I have had random disconnections today and looking at my log through the night as well.

fine for me dont know about anyone else

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast