Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving from Nildram to Sky Base Package?

This is a discussion on Moving from Nildram to Sky Base Package? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, The father-in-law was really unhappy with the service he was getting from Nildram, so he cancelled his contract. ...

Rico is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving from Nildram to Sky Base Package?

Hi all,

The father-in-law was really unhappy with the service he was getting from Nildram, so he cancelled his contract. I got him to ask for the Mac number and, to be fair, they gave it to him straight away.

Tonight he tried calling Sky (he is a Sky customer already) to get him on Broadband. I'd checked on the website and it said all packages were available to his number. When he rang Sky though they told him that the packages weren't available in his area as there were too many people already registered, and he'd have to go for the Connect package. Thing is though this works out more than he was paying for Nildram!

So, my question is, was the sales person at the end of the phone wrong and should I try again, or is it true that they can only give Base, mid and max packages to a certain number of people in an exchange?

Thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving from Nildram to Sky Base Package?

If your exchange is full then it is quite possible that Connect is the only option.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Moving from Nildram to Sky Base Package?

Just to add, the sales team use a slightly more advanced line checker that checks actual availability, rather than if there is equipment installed, which is why the two disagree