Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection down! bum

This is a discussion on Connection down! bum within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello there, Im new to the boards so dont bite ... I've recently been put onto SKYBB. I've been online ...

wkitching is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Connection down! bum

Hello there,

Im new to the boards so dont bite ...

I've recently been put onto SKYBB. I've been online for nearly 5 days, set up was simple. Ive had no problems what so ever then yesterday early in the morning i noticed my internet connection was down.

I gave it a day and nothing alterd. So i called Tech support and i was told i had no I.P as my account had been suspended, also informed it was going to be investigated and he would contact me shortly. I was then told there is nothing visably wrong and that its a possibile mistake.

Im from nottingham, and i hear a few other people in the area are off-line for a few days.

Facts:
      I can ping the router
      Lan is fully operational
      The Wireless and Internet light is showing solid green on router

I just cant browse or access the internet even tho my router shows me as online.

Anybody i can relate to?...

PS...
      Previous to my internet going down i noticed the internet connection would drop and then reconnect shortly after. Which then resulted in both mine and my sisters msn applications would not load up. After investigating the issue i noticed both our system clocks had alterd, along with the need to reinstall softpub.dll to get it working.

Thanks for your time,
      Wayne

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection down! bum

Quote Originally Posted by wkitching View Post
      So i called Tech support and i was told i had no I.P as my account had been suspended, also informed it was going to be investigated and he would contact me shortly. I was then told there is nothing visably wrong and that its a possibile mistake.
      If it's still not working, try running a 'Sky Test' from the router status page.
      If you get Error 200 then it's an authentication issue which can mean your account has been suspended. If it's error 300 then it's an unrelated issue.