Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SkyMax-Speed-Back wet-T2-Is it raining???

This is a discussion on SkyMax-Speed-Back wet-T2-Is it raining??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Serious advice needed, migrated to skymax 15-6-07 after numerous delays and problems because of problems told to expect a call ...

geo48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: lancaster
      Broadband ISP: waiting for max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SkyMax-Speed-Back wet-T2-Is it raining???

Serious advice needed, migrated to skymax 15-6-07 after numerous delays and problems because of problems told to expect a call from tier 2 today to check all ok. Everything ok except mail (set up ok with Thunderbird but )couldn't find on sky) think I was blind as it appeared when directed to it, job done!!
      Next bit unable to get speed above 10.5-10.8 (sync'd at 15323)(down att 25db)
      alright thats ok but with previous isp (sync 8218 -att 21)mostly at 7028 left due to recent variations, outages and money. Mentioned this to T2 laddie and he stated that I was getting the full bandwidth and when questioned said there was no capping/topping out etc said the problem must be at my end. Requested that I go to ebay then dos and netstat, he then said if I had more than 4ish connections then these must be Virus's (virii?) malware etc. I expressed suprise at this as bought a new Hdd on tuesday so recent clean install, ok lots of backups restored, but the previous isp got 90%+ of sync speed not 60%.
      System protected by Bitdefender10 internet security,checked with Lavasoft adaware. spybot s&d, Emsi A2, spyware blaster, windows defender. Wasn't too hot when talking to T2 and after saying ok will check remembered 4year old upstairs on her sys, so pulled her plug and proceeded to check with all Highjack this etc, stopping processes etc then remembered got a slaxx linusx live boot disc so botted up on that, in fact using it now and checked speed at dslzoneu- & broadband choices, limited places to test with linux live boot , and speeds are
      10854-10822-10843 (dslzone), 10084-10550(choices) I.ve read lots of posts here re LLU speed instant and still needs training period, but this seems like some form of capping or am I an early paranoid either way my backs wet and I don't know if its raining or!!!!!!! Help please!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: SkyMax-Speed-Back wet-T2-Is it raining???

there is no training in period on the Sky LLU services, if ur syncing at 15323 then ur set up on 16MB and the line just isn't getting that full speed.....could possibly try the test socket if u got one and see if that makes any difference, but attenuation less than 20 normally sees close to full 16MB...

geo48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: lancaster
      Broadband ISP: waiting for max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: SkyMax-Speed-Back wet-T2-Is it raining???

Forgot to say the daughter's (4) system also getting around the 10 mark and just put a sktA system that I'd put the old HDD in repartition/reformat only thing on it xp pro, sp2 Bitdefender iss first time on line so no updates as yet and thats given 10784 on dsl zone.Other systems off line,physically
      Surely this is too much of a coincidence.
      If there is no training period is the only capping then done on the sync speed?

Got to pop out for a bit but think I'll have to strip off the face plate etc seems strange though as my % of sync speed was so high with previous isp , put that down to new poles last year and only 600m from exchange, still onward and downward. Any one any thought on the netstat surely that would show listening progs as well?
      Oh also upnp off also wireless off all cat5e (again new last year)