Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help with wireless connection

This is a discussion on Help with wireless connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I'm new here and would really appreciate a bit of help with my sky broadband router. We finally received ...

ScarlettRed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help with wireless connection

Hi, I'm new here and would really appreciate a bit of help with my sky broadband router.

We finally received a replacement wireless router from sky yesterday; because the power wouldn't come on anymore from the first router they had sent. I tried setting the new one up as I did with the first one, and then tried setting it up to be wireless but things just didnít seem to run smoothly as they did the first time around. I'm not great with technical stuff (as you can probably tell!) but somehow I got things working in the end.

However, I donít think that things are working properly now. Before, I just had to switch the router on which is across the room from my computer and it would connect to my sky network instantly and I didnít have to do anything but now it doesnít do that. Now when I switch the router on, nothing seems to happen. I have that little green icon on my computer and it says "one or more wireless networks are available" and shows my sky one and someone elseís from another company but it doesnít automatically connect to sky like it did with the old router.
      What have I done wrong and is there anyway I change it so it will instantly connect? It's so frustrating, I'm online wirelessly now, but I've had to switch the router on and off a few times and tried typing in the network key. I just donít fancy doing this every time I need to get online.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help with wireless connection

There may be a box to tick in your Wireless Connection Manager, which says something like 'Always connect to this Network'.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

have u reconfigured your old wirelss connection to auto connect to the new router? chances are its still set up for the old one....

ScarlettRed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

IAmNotTheEnemy, how would I go about reconfiguring it?