Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

The Signup Process

This is a discussion on The Signup Process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; received this today looks like a standard mail shot..... Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband. When the ...

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Email from Sky Broadband

received this today looks like a standard mail shot.....

Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband. When the Sky Broadband network reaches your area you will have the choice of three great options:

Base (up to 2Mb) with FREE subscription - great for easy browsing, emailing and sharing photos

Mid (up to 8Mb) for only 5 a month - ideal if you wish to do more with broadband, like downloading music or short video clips

Max (up to 16Mb) which gives you unlimited downloading of everything from movies, sports clips and games for the ultimate broadband experience - for only 10 a month and includes FREE home installation option and FREE connection

Available in the next few weeks

We have had extremely high demand for Sky Broadband, however, we hope that we will be able to deliver it to you in the next few weeks

We'll be in touch in 2 weeks time to keep you regularly informed of our progress in your area. Simply keep an eye out for emails from us.

We're sorry we can't get Sky Broadband to you any sooner but we're sure you'll be delighted once it is installed.

Regards

Samantha Beresford
      Senior Product Manager
      Sky Broadband
      just got of phone to Sky about this and the FUP (fair usage policy)

FUP first.... No one i can find at sky is 100% certain of what is in the FUP but what i did get was there is no throttling they just move you onto a gateway with lots and lots and lots and lots of other heavy users so the server will be cramped and obviously slow, on the MAX (unlimited) package i asked if 100Gb was the FUP limit (as it is with most isp's) i got no straight answer.

Email.... in 2 weeks time roughly the 22nd the next Email will be from Sales so fingers crossed they will be taking proper orders from this date.

will post more as it becomes available
      Last edited by SatDish; 08-08-06 at 07:40 PM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      thought it was a 40gb cap?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      thought it was a 40gb cap?
      unlimited on the MAX package

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      roll on december!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

The Signup Process

The day SKY broadband was announced i apllied to join / subscribe.

Unfortunately i could not get SKY bb until December 06, as my exchange would not be enabled until then.

Today like a few other people i received an email from them

Dear NewsreadeR

Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband. We are currently rolling out our state-of-the art network across the country, but your area won't become live for the next few months, so you won't be able to get the Base, Mid and Max products until this time.

In the meantime, you can still get Sky Broadband Connect which is up to 8Mb with a huge 40Gb monthly usage allowance and is only 17 per month, we'll let you know when it's ready for you to buy.

We have had extremely high demand for Sky Broadband, however, we hope that we will be able to deliver it to you soon

We'll be in touch in 2 weeks time to keep you regularly informed of our progress in your area. Simply keep an eye out for emails from us.

We're sorry we can't get Sky Broadband to you any sooner but we're sure you'll be delighted once it is installed.

Regards

Samantha Beresford
      Senior Product Manager
      Sky Broadband

*Subject to Fair Usage Policy. Subject to area availability, compatibility and survey. Maximum Upload speeds: Base – 400Kb; Mid – 400Kb; Max – 768Kb; Connect – 448Kb. Sky Broadband is only available to active Sky TV subscribers. Minimum Sky Broadband subscription 12 months. Connection fee: Base - 40; Mid - 20; Max – free. Monthly Usage: Base: 2Gb; Mid – 40Gb; Max – Unlimited, subject to Fair Usage Policy. Installation: Free if you subscribe to Sky Broadband Max, otherwise 50. Prices subject to change. Eligibility and other terms apply. Information only applies to residential customers. Information correct at 1st August 2006. ** Sky Talk:** UK call rates do not include calls to mobiles, the Channel Islands, non-geographic and premium rate numbers e.g., those starting with 08, 09 and 118. "Unlimited" calls last up to an hour after which 0.8p per minute rates apply or you can hang up and re-dial as often as you like. Sky Talk is only available to Sky digital subscribers. Not available to BT Light Users or if outgoing calls are barred. Calls to emergency numbers, BT Operator Services and some internet calls are provided by BT. Further terms apply.Any member of the British Sky Broadcasting group may use and share the information you provide to it and information about your account with other companies in the group including for market research and the marketing of Sky's products and services. This may include sending you marketing by email or SMS about our similar products and services (unless you advise us of your preference not to receive such marketing). For your convenience you can withdraw consent by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in e-mails from us or by contacting Sky customer services on 08702 40 40 40 (if you are in the UK) or 0818 719 819 (if you are in the Republic of Ireland).

contraste is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bloomsbury aka Howland St
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Here's the email I recieved:

Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband. When the Sky Broadband network reaches your area you will have the choice of three great options:

Base (up to 2Mb) with FREE subscription - great for easy browsing, emailing and sharing photos

Mid (up to 8Mb) for only 5 a month - ideal if you wish to do more with broadband, like downloading music or short video clips

Max (up to 16Mb) which gives you unlimited downloading of everything from movies, sports clips and games for the ultimate broadband experience - for only 10 a month and includes FREE home installation option and FREE connection

We have had extremely high demand for Sky Broadband, however, we hope that we will be able to deliver it to you in the next few weeks

Regards

Samantha Beresford
      Senior Product Manager
      Sky Broadband

I'm in London W1, Bloomsbury exchange.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

i have merged 2 threads together as they basically on the same subject

this is when sales will be in touch with you

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I bet Samantha Beresford is peed off with sending so many emails

SAFC2403 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Got my email last night saying i've got 21 days to sign up. Going for the Maximum product at 10 quid per month.

God I hope it's ok.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SAFC2403 View Post
      Got my email last night saying i've got 21 days to sign up. Going for the Maximum product at 10 quid per month.

God I hope it's ok.
      let us know how it goes

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast