Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

The Signup Process

This is a discussion on The Signup Process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by spcdust Another progress report on my order, check my previous postings on this thread for "the story ...

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by spcdust View Post
      Another progress report on my order, check my previous postings on this thread for "the story so far".

Gave Sky a call this morning to see if there was any news and their system reported a new activation date of 6 September 2006, just over a week later than originally scheduled. As long as they stick with that date I'm fine with it as I have my Sky router so should be ready to go when I'm switched. I'll probably give them another call at the end of the week just to double check.

Being mindful of some of the provisioning difficulties Sky are experiencing and the habit of activation dates slipping or orders being cancelled I gave them a call again today. Apparently my 6 September activation date is a PROVISIONAL DATE and it's all down to BT not being able to cope with the volume of work. The CS representative reckoned huge amounts of the orders are in a "delay status" and they are just having to wait and see for BT to confirm that they will do the actual work on these provisional dates.

I guess I'll call them on Friday to see if my date has moved from "Provisional" to "Confirmed" (odds on they won't know). Looking on the positive I've got the router so I'm already to go when it does "go live", which is a better position than some other who are connected but no compatible router.

Last edited by spcdust; 30-08-06 at 06:30 PM.

2. Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678