Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

The Signup Process

This is a discussion on The Signup Process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Got home today to find that my old router was not connecting. So I tried the Sky one and it ...

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Got home today to find that my old router was not connecting. So I tried the Sky one and it works. Getting about 8mbit.

I'll be telling Sky off when they call later (if they do) for telling me BT cancelled the migration

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratti3 View Post
      Got home today to find that my old router was not connecting. So I tried the Sky one and it works. Getting about 8mbit.

I'll be telling Sky off when they call later (if they do) for telling me BT cancelled the migration
      perhaps they read yer post and got it sorted
      "To help would be a great adventure"

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by spcdust View Post
      Further progress of my order, called up Sky today (Tuesday 22 August) just to check how things were progressing, told that my line is due to be switched on Tuesday 29 August, which, considering weekends and the bank holiday is around the ten day mark. No router as of yet but expect that in the next few days.

I'll let you know how it continues to progress.

spcdust
      Ohhhhhhh.....and so it begins!!

Thursday 24 August - Just called Sky Broadband to check on the progress of my order, after being given an activation date of the 29th on Tuesday they now say there is a problem provisioning my order? They've promised a call-back from their technical department either by end of play today or some time tomorrow. Slightly irritated as it would be better if their systems explained what the problem is rather than being passed between departments....oh well.

spcdust

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Originally Posted by spcdust
      I signed up to the Max package on Thursday 17th, gave my migration code over the phone which they confirmed was fine. Received a letter this morning dated 17th confirming that the router had been ordered and would soon be delivered and also my username and password. Also said I would receive a further letter shortly detailing the activation date for my account.

I'll let you all know how my order continues to progress.

Hope this helps

spcdust

Further progress of my order, called up Sky today (Tuesday 22 August) just to check how things were progressing, told that my line is due to be switched on Tuesday 29 August, which, considering weekends and the bank holiday is around the ten day mark. No router as of yet but expect that in the next few days.

I'll let you know how it continues to progress.

spcdust

Ohhhhhhh.....and so it begins!!

Thursday 24 August - Just called Sky Broadband to check on the progress of my order, after being given an activation date of the 29th on Tuesday they now say there is a problem provisioning my order? They've promised a call-back from their technical department either by end of play today or some time tomorrow. Slightly irritated as it would be better if their systems explained what the problem is rather than being passed between departments....oh well.

spcdust
      A positive sign....router has been delivered today, no letter about activation date but post doesn't arrive until 11.00am. Not sure if there are still "problems" with my line being activated or wether it's just a reporting error on Sky's system - I'll give them a call after the postman's been and get an update.

spcdust

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Further to my post above, nothing from Sky about activation date in the post so I gave them another call (even though they promised to call yesterday evening). Same as yesterday "there's a problem/delay with your order and our system doesn't tell us what it is". Have now been promised a call back "sometime in the next day or so". Me thinks that the lines of communication need to be improved.

spcdust

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      New development - had a courtesy call this evening from Sky to inform me that my activation date had been delayed and that I'll receive another call in the next five working days with a new activation date.

Oh well, C'est la Vie, it's new launch and all that so inevitably some teething problems. At least they called and as long as I'm up and running within the 30 day life span of my MAC code than no real problems.

spcdust
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 26-08-06 at 02:02 AM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;-)

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

as far as we know its all BT to blame for this delay
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      New development - had a courtesy call this evening from Sky to inform me that my activation date had been delayed and that I'll receive another call in the next five working days with a new activation date.

spcdust
      Got my letter from Sky this morning confirming an activation date of the 29th August, although I'll assume this is the date that has now been delayed as letter was dated three days ago.

Oh well, got the router, got my letter with user name and password, got my letter with original activation date so I'm almost there.

When it happens it happens

spcdust

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh well, C'est la Vie, it's new launch and all that so inevitably some teething problems. At least they called and as long as I'm up and running within the 30 day life span of my MAC code than no real problems.

spcdust
      Another progress report on my order, check my previous postings on this thread for "the story so far".

Gave Sky a call this morning to see if there was any news and their system reported a new activation date of 6 September 2006, just over a week later than originally scheduled. As long as they stick with that date I'm fine with it as I have my Sky router so should be ready to go when I'm switched. I'll probably give them another call at the end of the week just to double check.

spcdust

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well lets hope it happens then for you

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast