Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The Signup Process

This is a discussion on The Signup Process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Ratti3 Sky are making me insane in the membrane. Engineer phones up a day early and says ...

SAFC2403 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratti3 View Post

Sky are making me insane in the membrane.

Engineer phones up a day early and says hes coming tomorrow, fine.
      I make him aware that line is actually being activated on the 23rd and he goes oh I can't come then and says he'll phone sky. I also said that I can install it and save him time, he got offended by that and refused to come.

Get a call from sky 2 mins later she says sorry installation can't got ahead we'll have to reschedule, I tried to explain that I'm an IT Technician and that I NEVER requested an engineer. She then cut me of after putting me on hold. Never got a call back.

Phoned sky installation dept. told them my story and they spoke to the engineer and said he'll come tomorrow as long as I stay out of his way.

wtf

If that was the attitude of the engineer I would ring sky and make a complaint about him. What the hell gives him the right to say that to you?? When he turns up take the router of him and slam the door in his face and install it yourself.

Cheeky sods. All he's gonna do is stick the disk in your computer and install it. Can they really be called an engineer for that??

2. Advertisement
      Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I know cheeky sod, I could tell that he didn't want me installing it, but I think this is because sky tell him that he must be the one installing it.

I clarified that with sky and they said that was the case hence the reason why he said he can't come and the other reason being that the activation date had moved by 3 days (though at the end it seems sky agreed for the engineer to come).

I also pointed out to them that people that did not choose home installation get the router by post and they install it themselves.
      This is when I got the best answer:
      "Oh they should be doing that"

wtf, lol whats the point of home installation then, its at that point I told her that sky don't seem to know whats going on within their own organisation. I got no answer on that one.

Anyway I'll be glad when its here tomorrow even though I can't use it for 3 days.

Oh I also complained that I racked up 10 in phone bills just trying to tie up their loose ends for them. They just said sorry and told me that the line was going to go quiet while she talks to her manager and promised me that she wasn't gonna cut me off, lol
      Last edited by Ratti3; 19-08-06 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added more

SatDish is online now Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

well the amount of visits we get a day it wont look good for sky if they let there engineers get away with that hopefully it is just a one off
      "To help would be a great adventure"

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I know cheeky sod, I could tell that he didn't want me installing it, but I think this is because sky tell him that he must be the one installing it.

I clarified that with sky and they said that was the case hence the reason why he said he can't come and the other reason being that the activation date had moved by 3 days (though at the end it seems sky agreed for the engineer to come).

I also pointed out to them that people that did not choose home installation get the router by post and they install it themselves.
      This is when I got the best answer:
      "Oh they should be doing that"

wtf, lol whats the point of home installation then, its at that point I told her that sky don't seem to know whats going on within their own organisation. I got no answer on that one.

Anyway I'll be glad when its here tomorrow even though I can't use it for 3 days.

Oh I also complained that I racked up 10 in phone bills just trying to tie up their loose ends for them. They just said sorry and told me that the line was going to go quiet while she talks to her manager and promised me that she wasn't gonna cut me off, lol
      What can i say? obviously SKY are having some teething problems, although not acceptable, i would expect things to go wrong. Until all the different departments gel as a team, dont be put off, keep us informed on how you get on.

On a positive side, i know that SKY BB are reading this forum and i am sure, that they will take criticism on board. And hopefully act on where they get things wrong, its just a learning curve for them at the moment.

I know it aint 10.00 of calls but you can have a yourname@skyuser.co.uk email address if you want

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks
      its ok I forgive them, 10 a month for bb, can't really complain

thanks for the email offer, but I use gmail

Exchange:
      Thanks
      one thing I forgot to mention was that the engineer asked how many PCs I had and if I had wireless on them. I said 2 laptops and 1 PC and said they are all connected by cat 5 cable.

I wonder if I will get a free wireless dongle/card ?

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      its ok I forgive them, 10 a month for bb, can't really complain
      Thats a cool attitude, they are going to get things wrong, but its the way they put them right, will be the best quality any company can possess, if that makes sense!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      one thing I forgot to mention was that the engineer asked how many PCs I had and if I had wireless on them. I said 2 laptops and 1 PC and said they are all connected by cat 5 cable.

I wonder if I will get a free wireless dongle/card ?
      heres hoping

SatDish is online now Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      heres hoping
      found this....

In order to go wireless, your computer will need to be wireless enabled. If your computer is not wireless enabled, you can purchase a USB wireless adaptor by contacting Sky Customer Service or visiting your local electronic retailer.
      so you have to buy your own wireless card/dongle i would recomend a card though
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      i think Ratti was rather hoping that SKY would give him one free (a dongle)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast