Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The Signup Process

This is a discussion on The Signup Process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I've taken the plunge and ordered. The phone answered staright away(they are wanting my business so not unexpected). The ...

SAFC2403 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I've taken the plunge and ordered. The phone answered staright away(they are wanting my business so not unexpected). The advisor was a bit shakey but she reckoned it was cos it's a new thing for them(having worked in call centres in the past I cut her a bit of slack. She checked which package I wanted (MAX) confirmed a few details and she also took my MAC code. The payments are going to come through on my normal sky bill so no need to take bank details etc.

Obviously the deal is dependent on me staying with sky tv for the next 12 months as well. Also asked what the professional install meant - she just said "he will install it" so didn't bother with that.

So now i'm waiting for my kit to arrive within 5 days and then be switched on 10 days after that. She confirmed that the FUP will be included with all the kit so when I get that I'll have a read and let you guys know. But judging by what she said I should have the right to cancel the agreement as long as the ADSL hasn't actually started(so if the FUP is crap I can cancel)

Just hope I've done the right thing here but seein as i'm coming from f2s and pipex before them it should be ok.

BTW i'm on the sunderland central exchange for the bloke that was asking earlier.

One other point - I asked the sales person to send the kit to my works adress but they refused. Bit miffed as there's usually no one there during the day but ho hum.

Anyway feet up now waiting for it all to happen.....
      Please don't mess it up sky.

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elrandom3 View Post
      I like to tread carefully when I go somewhere new... just to be on the safe side..

So, I just got off the phone from Sky. The phone was answered straight away (it was sales, so, probably to be expected). I didn't really learn anything new, it has to be said, but here's an outline of the answers I did manage to get:
      • IP Address - It is truly dynamic, not sticky or static, and the line cannot be used for business.
      • Extras - There's no webspace at all, but they're still thinking about newsgroup access.
      • FUP - She didn't give me an exact limit, but said they'll email you over a 3 month period if you go over their limit, with action being taken on the 3rd month if usage is still excessive.
      • Support - She told me they offer 24/7 support on an 0207 number - I thought Sky only used 0870 numbers?
      • Moving - We could be moving during the contract period, so I asked what would happen. She said there were no plans as yet, but it's likely it'll become part of the 'Moving Home' package that Sky offer
      • Supported OS - I use Linux, and she said that until I get a Windows or Mac based computer, I would not be able to order.. which is strange as I thought the router did all the work?
      I've decided that the things they're offering aren't going to suit my needs, and as such i've decided to stick where I am (at f2s - God help me! ) for the time being.

Good luck to all those going in for it, i'd be interested to hear your experiences
      thank you for the detailed reply elrandom3 keep checking back to us though to see how the service is shaping up im moving from my current supplier to save money like you i dont understand the bit about linux
      good luck with f2s.

Quote Originally Posted by SAFC2403 View Post
      Well I've taken the plunge and ordered. The phone answered staright away(they are wanting my business so not unexpected). The advisor was a bit shakey but she reckoned it was cos it's a new thing for them(having worked in call centres in the past I cut her a bit of slack. She checked which package I wanted (MAX) confirmed a few details and she also took my MAC code. The payments are going to come through on my normal sky bill so no need to take bank details etc.

Obviously the deal is dependent on me staying with sky tv for the next 12 months as well. Also asked what the professional install meant - she just said "he will install it" so didn't bother with that.

So now i'm waiting for my kit to arrive within 5 days and then be switched on 10 days after that. She confirmed that the FUP will be included with all the kit so when I get that I'll have a read and let you guys know. But judging by what she said I should have the right to cancel the agreement as long as the ADSL hasn't actually started(so if the FUP is crap I can cancel)

Just hope I've done the right thing here but seein as i'm coming from f2s and pipex before them it should be ok.

BTW i'm on the sunderland central exchange for the bloke that was asking earlier.

One other point - I asked the sales person to send the kit to my works adress but they refused. Bit miffed as there's usually no one there during the day but ho hum.

Anyway feet up now waiting for it all to happen.....
      Please don't mess it up sky.
      cool let us know how things go at each step we would be very gratfull if you could post the full FUP when you get it alot of people are waiting to see that,
      fingers crossed for yer.

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I signed up the other day too.

Getting it on the 20th

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

welcome aboard Ratti3
      please keep us informed of how it goes and good luck on the 20th
      "To help would be a great adventure"

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratti3 View Post
      I signed up the other day too.

Getting it on the 20th
      welcome to skyuser Ratti3, hope your experience with us and SKY is a happy one :-)

btw moved your post to here, as we wanted to keep that post for explaining from start to finish. If you would like to start your own thread on the same subject, we can have your journey as well

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ NewsreadeR

I got the very same email yesterday and its wrong as my exchange was Easynet enabled at the weekend so I phoned them up to find out whats going on and the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue.

I did manage to get them to say they would have someone in the know call me back but I doubt that will ever happen

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      @ NewsreadeR

I got the very same email yesterday and its wrong as my exchange was Easynet enabled at the weekend so I phoned them up to find out whats going on and the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue.

I did manage to get them to say they would have someone in the know call me back but I doubt that will ever happen
      Hi wheelie (the wheelie from Plusnet days? - the avatar gave you away) welcome to skyuser.co.uk

You are the second person to say something similar that their exchange aint enabled. As for the information they maybe did not have an updated list, could sometimes take a few days to upgrade database etc.

As for the guy not knowing anything, i can't comment, maybe he was new etc and i am sure they will be super efficient once they get established. At least you got to speak to someone

Give them another ring, you know you want to!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Hi wheelie (the wheelie from Plusnet days? - the avatar gave you away) welcome to skyuser.co.uk
      Yep thats me

I did using a different phone number and spoke to a very nice young lady after I explained what had happened she did a check and confirmed that I can get the Max product and once I have my Mac key phone them back and they will process the order then within 5 days of that I should receive the welcome pack and all together it will take 10 days from oder to completion.

So now its just a waiting game though I am not sure I like the idea of being stuck on a 12 month contract but for 10 a month extra on top of my 54 a month I pay them now what the hell

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      welcome to skyuser Ratti3, hope your experience with us and SKY is a happy one :-)

btw moved your post to here, as we wanted to keep that post for explaining from start to finish. If you would like to start your own thread on the same subject, we can have your journey as well
      Well just got off the phone and they had to put the activation date back to the 23rd, they didn't tell me why.

But the engineer is still coming tomorrow (with the hardware I guess)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sky are making me insane in the membrane.

Engineer phones up a day early and says hes coming tomorrow, fine.
      I make him aware that line is actually being activated on the 23rd and he goes oh I can't come then and says he'll phone sky. I also said that I can install it and save him time, he got offended by that and refused to come.

Get a call from sky 2 mins later she says sorry installation can't got ahead we'll have to reschedule, I tried to explain that I'm an IT Technician and that I NEVER requested an engineer. She then cut me of after putting me on hold. Never got a call back.

Phoned sky installation dept. told them my story and they spoke to the engineer and said he'll come tomorrow as long as I stay out of his way.

wtf

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast