Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Upload speed issue/problem.question

This is a discussion on Upload speed issue/problem.question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Be assured I'm not having a personal go at you, but put yourself in my position I'm mad at myself ...

geo48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: lancaster
      Broadband ISP: waiting for max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Upload speed issue/problem.question

Be assured I'm not having a personal go at you, but put yourself in my position I'm mad at myself for letting that T2 guy talk me into the malware situation but for health reasons been out of mainstrem it for about 41/2 years so there's a lot of rust to get through.
      I respect your opinion and hope your admission of the potential reprisal should you put anyone on fast path, which from the certainty with which you say it must have been a specific directive, has in no way compromised yourself.

However my main concern now is does the incorrect reporting of the firmware due to an error in the firmware or is it the result of a deliberate act designed to obfuscate the real nature of the supplied connection. No where in sky's advertising does it mention the interleave and the induced latency affecting pings(the gamers nivrana) or the up/ldownload speed (music app colectors etc. In fact interleave seems specifically an prerequisite of iptv.

I don't know where this is leading me and wonder if refashing of routers may now start, does remote management need to be activated. God knows maybe I,m finally an old git. But be assured nothing personal meant and I respect your opinion and honesty but retain the right to my own.
      regards

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just a quickie before I get accused of hijacking, you've seen my line stats , could they be tweaked? and also if putting someone on the fast path is a sackable offence how low is fast ie if 1 is fast then 2 is slower
      time for a quote
      "The interleaved path of ADSL has value primarily for the transport of highly compressed video streams, where relatively low bit error rates can cause substantial impairments to the received picture. The fast path is preferred for both data transmissions and voice over DSL.

The line coding for both fast and interleave paths use Forward Error Correction algorithms that require block processing, and therefore incur fixed delays. G.992.1 defines the ATM payload transfer delay to be (4 + (S-1)/4 +SxD/4) ms, where S is 1 for the fast path and 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 for the interleave path, and D is 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 for the interleave path (not applicable for the fast path).

Thus the lower bound of delay for ADSL line encoding is 4 ms. The upper bound, using the interleave path, is as much as 263.75 ms (S = 16 and D = 64). Note that G.lite (G.992.2) uses only the interleave path and thus has a lower bound of 4.25 ms.

The ADSL line encoding time is additive to the packet transmission time."

are you saying sky have set the value for all customers at 64 full stop?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

64 is the interleave depth not the delay.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

reply to saturday comment on the interleave thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12