Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No dsl Light

This is a discussion on No dsl Light within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; damn you sky! just as I had complete confidence in you!!! After a month or so of hassle free connection ...

Sky_Surfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No dsl Light

damn you sky! just as I had complete confidence in you!!!

After a month or so of hassle free connection very few disconnections or router reboots required I have now developed a problem. Up until now I have always left my router turned on, however 2 days ago I decided to turn it off while I wasn't in. That night I returned home from work to find that when I turned my router on there was no Internet. After a call to sky support and going through the reboot pc blah blah blah...... I was told she couldn't run a specific test as her pc was crashing, and was told to phone back a hour later. Within the hour my dsl light sprang into life saving me the need to call back. The Internet was fine all that night then yesterday I had exactly the same problem. After waiting a few hours I phoned sky and was told theres a major problem on my exchange and call back if I still have no Internet in 24-48 hours.
      Anyone else had problems like this? if so were the issues resolved quickly?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: No dsl Light

You may get a clue from the Easynet Portal if it is an exchange issue. Although I am not sure if the Sky exchanges are shown.

Sky_Surfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No dsl Light

Thanks for that. Still no internet tonight just as Im talking to the cs bloke the dsl springs into life just hope it now stays on!