Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

3 Day Warm up period????

This is a discussion on 3 Day Warm up period???? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi peeps, Well I have been a little dissapointed tonight as my second experience of Sky broadband was exactly the ...

Mr Toes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bognor Regis
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

3 Day Warm up period????

Hi peeps,

Well I have been a little dissapointed tonight as my second experience of Sky broadband was exactly the same as my first.

I switched to sky in september last year but had a fair few issues with dropping connections and slow pages on the connect package. My wife and I moved house in November 2006 but were told that due to an admin issue the reprovide for my sky bb would be in January 2007??

So I cancelled it and left it at that.

I have a BT 512k homeworker line for my office which provides wireless connectivity and a Cisco IPT fone. This handles all my daily needs without issue but work are getting a bit iffy with me playing games and downloading bits and bobs.

I went with sky as the MAX package was available and for 10 10-16mb would be ideal.

went through the assault course to get back to sky bb and got my connect date of 12th June (today). Got home dug out old router as they would not give me a new one. Plugged it in and to my surprise it worked. However i was getting 480kbps on speed test and the router states 3520kbps upload at the router.

Phoned sky to complain and cancel and was told that i have to wait 3 days of my 7 cool off period whilst the line warms up.

I've never hear this before are they just toying with me?

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Re: 3 Day Warm up period????

might be an idea to post your stats so someone can help you here as it could be something to do with your wiring in other words it dosent matter what isp you goto you will allways have the problem use this to post your stats and im sure someone in the know will tell you why your getting such slow speeds on MAX

Sky Netgear DG834GT utility version 0.4

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: 3 Day Warm up period????

If you're on Max, then there is no "training period". Same for Mid & Base.

The only Sky BB package with a "training period" is Connect, as it's a resold BTWholesale ADSLMax product.

As newskyBOd said, find & post your stats.

Many problems are not actually down to Sky or BT... a lot of people's problems end up being due to things at their end e.g. noisy extension wiring, etc. Or, the line is very long, causing a high attenuation, & a low potential max. speed. Can't do anything about a long line, but extension wiring issues *can* be sorted out.

Have a read of this:

And, also this:

DSL ZoneUK - Improve your speed - Extension wiring and Disconnection help