Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!!

This is a discussion on Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right folks, thought i would put a little information up for those on the Connect package, in regards to migrating ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!!

Right folks, thought i would put a little information up for those on the Connect package, in regards to migrating to one of the other pacakges.

Once your exchange is LLU (local Loop Unbundled) you will be automatically migrated to the Mid package. I know this to be true for 5 connect customers, however not so sure for 17 connect customers, though i think it is the same for all connect customers.

If you find out that your exchange has been unbundled, DO NOT phone up Sky and ask to change. The process is automatic, and by contacting them before, you may cause severe problems. Just remain patient.

Once you have migrated, you will be contacted by Letter. This will give you a set time period where you can change to the Base or Max package without a problem. I am not sure what the time period is, as i dont deal with migrations at Sky.

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE YOUR PACKAGE, SO IF YOU WANT BASE, DO IT WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD.

If you want to change to a lower package after this time period, you will have to cancel your contract and re-apply, which is hard to do considering you are in a one year contract, or you must wait out your contract and change your package at the renewal date.

Any Questions?

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!!

If you want to downgrade after your 12 month contract do you still have to cancel and resubscribe?

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      If you want to downgrade after your 12 month contract do you still have to cancel and resubscribe?
      here's the stupidity of the packages. There is no system at sky to actually downgrade and process a package without it being cancelled first. Main theme is, if ur on connect the max ur paying anyway is 17 so to be immediately moved to mid at 5 what's the harm, same speed more support same price. If ur on 17 connect, then bargain, 5 same speed and 40GB downloads. Why would u want to downgrade apart from being ultimately cheap. And if u've got broadband but use less than 2GBs in a month why did u get broadband in the first place?
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1st View Post
      here's the stupidity of the packages. There is no system at sky to actually downgrade and process a package without it being cancelled first. Main theme is, if ur on connect the max ur paying anyway is 17 so to be immediately moved to mid at 5 what's the harm, same speed more support same price. If ur on 17 connect, then bargain, 5 same speed and 40GB downloads. Why would u want to downgrade apart from being ultimately cheap. And if u've got broadband but use less than 2GBs in a month why did u get broadband in the first place?
      Because: I am on mid and have got my brother living with me at the moment temporary arrangement and he is hammering the hell out of the bandband, so I was thinking of going on Max as I seem to have a good line. But may well want to go back to mid once he leaves.

Well you did ask, lol.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i was on 17 connect got moved over to MAX in about 10 days after i phoned no letter or anything just noticed my uploading speeds had gone up

EAC
      EAC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      If you find out that your exchange has been unbundled, DO NOT phone up Sky and ask to change. The process is automatic, and by contacting them before, you may cause severe problems. Just remain patient.

Any Questions?
      That's certainly how its supposed to work, and Sky kept sending me letters even after I'd signed up for Connect saying that my Exchange was due to be unbundled in so many months. Anyway, its now 7 months since my exchange was unbundled and yet still nothing - I'm still on Connect and still paying 17.

I'm going to phone them soon and ask to be moved over.

EAC

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post

I'm going to phone them soon and ask to be moved over.

EAC
      i just noticed with that broadband checker webpage that max was in my area so rang them up asked to be moved and here i am very happy now

i wouldnt wait for sky to do it in my opinion if your exchange is enabled get in there ring them they might tell you 24hrs then 29 days lol but its worth it in the end

Judderman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i just noticed with that broadband checker webpage that max was in my area so rang them up asked to be moved and here i am very happy now

i wouldnt wait for sky to do it in my opinion if your exchange is enabled get in there ring them they might tell you 24hrs then 29 days lol but its worth it in the end
      I tried this tactic today after seeing my exchange has been unbundled and they turned round and said "its invite only, you will get a letter if you can be moved, and its by no means certain that you will be even put on the service"

What do I do know, sounds like i've blown my chances as the BBtech says "you can make things worse"

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its an automatic process for 5 connect and 17 connect, the Bulk Migration Team within Sky manually put through changes for each customer as exchanges are enabled, this is the only job that team does, but having 100,000 customers or so to move over in the next few months, there may be a slight delay...

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

so why did they move me no hassle when i phoned then has the policy changed in the last couple of weeks or am i the privaliged one out of 1000's the guy even said your going to be on a fantastic service now enjoy it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast