Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!!

This is a discussion on Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by newskyBOd so why did they move me no hassle when i phoned then has the policy changed ...

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migrating to BASE, MID OR MAX information!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      so why did they move me no hassle when i phoned then has the policy changed in the last couple of weeks or am i the privaliged one out of 1000's the guy even said your going to be on a fantastic service now enjoy it
      I don't work in sales, so I'm not certain of the briefs that go on in their department. All I was attempting to put across is that it is an automatic process, so if they have told you over the phone that you can't be done right now, it will be done by the bulk migration team fairly shortly...

2. Advertisement
      EAC
      EAC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Its an automatic process for 5 connect and 17 connect, the Bulk Migration Team within Sky manually put through changes for each customer as exchanges are enabled, this is the only job that team does, but having 100,000 customers or so to move over in the next few months, there may be a slight delay...
      I appreciate it takes them time, but I've waited over 7 months now so its more than a slight delay to be fair. Since January, any new customers to Sky in my area have been able to get LLU services.

Sky were happy to send me letters saying "in X amount of moths your exchange will be upgraded", and "as soon as the exchange has been enabled you will be migrated" etc. But since it has been.... nothing.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The BMT team are, as far as I'm aware, a new team specifically devoted to migrating people from connect to mid. I'm not sure what the arrangements were in the past, but everyone who can be upgraded will almost certainly be upgraded by the end of either June or July (can't remember exactly when they said they were aiming to clear the backlog but its one of those two)

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post
      I appreciate it takes them time, but I've waited over 7 months now so its more than a slight delay to be fair. Since January, any new customers to Sky in my area have been able to get LLU services.

Sky were happy to send me letters saying "in X amount of moths your exchange will be upgraded", and "as soon as the exchange has been enabled you will be migrated" etc. But since it has been.... nothing.
      You have grounds to take sky to court, as like myself I agreed to sign up on the understanding I would pay no more than 5 and that they would automatically move me over to their service once they upgraded my exchange in may. That is what I was told and my exchange was enabled in may as per my telephone conversation, I even asked what happens if they do not upgrade my exchange as stated and was told "my exchange was listed and that it would be upgraded no matter what"!

I was not told of any six month discount thing etc....

Once sky start charging me 17 a month I will cancel after the twelve month min term and will file a claim against them in small claims court for six months discount of 12 plus all legal expenses.

I recommend you do the same, the fact they have upgraded your exchange yet refuse/fail to transfer you makes your case even stronger!
      Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 11-06-07 at 02:54 PM.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

In cases where your exchange has been upgraded, and you have not yet been transferred over, there are normally 2 reasons.

1) There is an issue with migrating your connection, for example, if you have had issues with speed or connection whilst on connect which are still in progress or

2) there has been an oversight within the system.

In either case, you should contact customer services, as they will be able to determine whether there is a technical issue, or if there is another reason why you have not been migrated, and they will be able to help you.

There is no reason to take sky to court, and tbh, there are no grounds for it. Sky say that once it is available to you, you will be moved across. If there is an issue with your connection, then it is not available to you because of the issue. Once the issue is resolved, you will then be eligible for the move

EAC
      EAC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've had no problems with my Connect service, other than some minor speed issues for the first week or two that I had it back in October 2006.

I've been happy to leave it to Sky to transfer me over, but its annoying me now, especially as I'm paying 17, and several friends local to me have signed up to the LLU services over the last few months.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask to be changed over, and see what they say.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post
      I've been happy to leave it to Sky to transfer me over, but its annoying me now, especially as I'm paying 17, and several friends local to me have signed up to the LLU services over the last few months.
      I'm happy on the Connect package as well and even more so that I am only paying 5. Have you checked to see if the 5 price is available from your location. Just stick your details in here if you have not already done so:

Sky Broadband

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called sky, I guessed I would not get anywhere and I was right. Technical say it's nothing to do with them and tried to transfer me to provisioning who in turn said that it is not their department either and they transfered me to customer support who in turn said "your paying fiver a month either way so what difference does it make?" too which I replied "well it's going to make a 12 difference to me in just over a months time because my discount expires then and I have heared/read about sky failing to migrate current customers due to them keeping slots/ports for new customers by which time once my discount runs out im stuck paying 17 because the exchange is full" I also pointed out that I was not informed the discount was for only six months and infact at the point of sale I was informed me I would never pay more than 5 unless I went with their max service! (Guess the court can request a copy of the call should a claim need to be made.) I was also told during my call at the time of sale I would automatically be transffered over once my exchange is enabled, and that I will be looking at making a claim agaist them for any loss or overpayment.

Here reply was you will get an email or letter sometime telling me when I have been upgraded. (Yea Right!)

Come to think about it, I have not heard or read about anyone automatically being transfered over only people who called directly and asked!

Has anyone actually been migrated automatically and how long did it take?
      Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 11-06-07 at 06:57 PM.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      Here reply was you will get an email or letter sometime telling me when I have been upgraded. (Yea Right!)

Come to think about it, I have not heard or read about anyone automatically being transfered over only people who called directly and asked!
      Its technically a provisioning issue - although its a back office team who does it, and theres no way for frontline staff to deal with it. There is a team of 9-10 people doing automatic migrations and I know for a fact that these are done, but its always possible that there are people who do slip through the net...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Its technically a provisioning issue - although its a back office team who does it, and theres no way for frontline staff to deal with it. There is a team of 9-10 people doing automatic migrations and I know for a fact that these are done, but its always possible that there are people who do slip through the net...
      Are you seriously telling me that only 9-10 people arrange for this to be done?

There must be hundreds of thousands of customers to be switched!

God I guess I got a long wait!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast