Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

PLEASE HELP..BBand running so slow!!!!!!

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP..BBand running so slow!!!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You're slightly confused I think. TCPoptimizer affects your PC settings and so can make no impact on your router stats. ...

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: PLEASE HELP..BBand running so slow!!!!!!

You're slightly confused I think. TCPoptimizer affects your PC settings and so can make no impact on your router stats. Connecting wireless or wired will also make no difference to your router stats.

Your router stats look very good. Although it is hard to say with Connect as it is a shared, contended service, at best you could expect a speedtest result of ~6000kbps wired. Wireless, something between that and 0kbps depending on your connection quality (not just strength).

However, with that Trellis OFF problem, all bets are off on a decent connection.
      Last edited by Saturday; 08-06-07 at 06:23 PM.

2. Advertisement
      IanMax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peartree
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

speedtests should be around 5500kbps and 6000kbps.

Downloads from good sites like Tucows Downloads - Download Freeware and Shareware Software ( download a demo from blueyonder as i always max out my connection there ) should be around 780k/s to 830k/s. On a line sync of 13680 i get 1500k/sec so your download speed from websites is around ( i stress the word around )the sync speed which in your case is 7616 divided by 9.2 = 827k/sec give or take 30k/sec.

Of course that is in perfect conditions to a fast website.

But thats a good enough estimate.

Ian
      Bt phone socket and wiring help > http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/cabling-faceplate-help/

Router stats and help on understanding them > http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/router-stats/

johng_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shawbury
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not slightly confused Saturday..Totally lost!!! I'm not the most computer literate person in the world lol.

Thanks again everyone for all your help guys. I guess the only option I have is to call Sky and get them to do a detailed line test and point them towards the info contained in this post.

johng_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shawbury
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got a hold of tier 2 yesterday and explained my prob. The bloke at the other end of the phone didn't seem to have a clue about the technical aspects (trellis etc) but was a very friendly chap.

He has forwarded my case to BT to check my profile etc and will call me back tomorrow to let me know how it is progressing.

If and when I get this sorted I will let you guys know for future reference.

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

DOwnloading the maps will be affe3cted by whether they are from a server or on a peer-to-peer with multiple seeds.
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123