Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

£5 Connect

This is a discussion on £5 Connect within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Has anyone been on £5 connect, then it switched back to £17 on their checker? Did your exchange get the ...

BuckleZ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Londonderry Waterside
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

£5 Connect

Has anyone been on £5 connect, then it switched back to £17 on their checker?

Did your exchange get the LLU or is it still non-LLU'ed?

Sort of frustrating for me, mine has gone back to £17 now, but i don't fancy paying £17 after 6months when i was promised LLU before then
      BT Infinity

2. Advertisement
      PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: £5 Connect

well if your not on LLU then you should still get the £12 discount shouldn't you?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No but the whole reason behind the £5 price for Connect was because our exchanged were due to be LLU'd before the end of July. If someone is paying £17 again then it looks like their exchange might not be done. I would give Sky a call and hopefully you will get through to someone who knows what they are doing and can explain why you are paying the higher price again.

Thanks

I'm not paying the higher price, i only got sky 2months ago, bill says "Sky connect £5 for first 6months", therefore, after the 6months if they haven't LLU'ed like they said, they want to try charge me £17?

The checker still says LLU is coming in near future, thought maybe they've stopped the offer as they will LLU soon and don't want to put anyone else on Connect @ £5 as they make no or little profit
      BT Infinity

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i allways paid £17 when i first got sky and my neighbor was paying £5 for exactley the same thing all i got when i rang was wait till your exchange is unbundelled they never ever grasped the fact that i was paying £17 for exactley the same package as my next door neighbor who was paying £5 i gave up in the end

i have MAX now i say hang in there

but i dont envy you on connect i have had that dismal experience its nasty

Thanks

I dont think i made my first post very clear. I am paying £5, only signed up cause it was £5 with the prospect of LLU within 6months.

Now the Sky checker says this:

Fast download speeds of up to 8Mb* and a massive usage allowance of 40 GB can now be yours with Sky Broadband Connect. It's available in your area right now for £17 per month – plus a one-off broadband activation fee of just £40.

You already have broadband
      Before you can order Sky Broadband, you will need a ‘MAC code’ to switch your broadband to Sky smoothly and with minimal disruption to your service. Click here for further advice in switching to Sky.

We are rolling out our state of the art network as fast as we can and hope to bring you Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Max in the future. Don't worry, if you register, we'll let you know when it has arrived in your area.

But while you're waiting why not take advantage of the benefits of Sky Broadband Connect - delivering fast download speeds for only £17 per month.
      The part in bold is not on my friends exchange which is close (his exchange has never had the £5 offer).

Its just confusing me.
      BT Infinity

Thanks

Typical reply from an exchange which has never had the £5 offer:

Fast download speeds of up to 8Mb* and a massive monthly usage allowance of 40GB can be yours now with Sky Broadband Connect. it’s available in your area right now for £17 per month – plus a one-off activation fee of £40, an active BT phone line is required.

Unfortunately Sky’s Base, Mid and Max products will not be available where you live. Instead, you can get Sky Broadband Connect, which at £17 a month is less than the equivalent BT product.

You already have broadband
      Before you can order Sky Broadband, you will need a ‘MAC code’ to switch your broadband to Sky smoothly and with minimal disruption to your service. Click here for further advice in switching to Sky.
      BT Infinity

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so your worried they wont do it within the 6 months?

if they dont move to someone else! i have a mac code sat here.

Thanks

Will they let me out of the 12months?
      BT Infinity

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

didnt i read somewhere that most exchanges will be unbundelled by june or july maybe im wrong i know it dosent help you much but why dont you just stick in there because it will become unbundelled at some point for sure and by then you could be tied to another isp paying more im sure most isp's are more than £17 a month anyway i had bad experiences with connect it dosent seem you did so i dont understand even if your connection did go up to £17 a month you could be tied to a 12 month contract elsewhere paying much more than that one thing im sure of you wont find cheaper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast