Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

This is a discussion on 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; copy of a letter i sent to sky on the 25th May, and emailed to James Murdoch today:- Friday, 25 ...

DonnieDarko is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01227 - Canterbury
      Broadband ISP: 10 weeks of no broadband- thanks Sky :(
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

copy of a letter i sent to sky on the 25th May, and emailed to James Murdoch today:-

Friday, 25 May 2007

COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT
      Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
      4 Macintosh Road
      Kirton Campus
      Livingston
      West Lothian
      EH54 7BW

Account Number **************

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am absolutely furious with the appalling service I have received from Sky Broadband.

I attempted to transfer my phone and broadband connection for the phone line 01227-***-*** in early March 2007.

I received a letter from sky giving me my username on 15th March 2007, but did not receive either an activation date or a wireless router as promised.

On the 31st March, my line was cut off by BT, so I have now had no broadband connection for 10 weeks now. My phone line works fine, but as I donít use it, that is of no importance to me.

I am not interested in whose fault it is but want a rapid connection to any broadband connection which I can get, and having experienced your dreadful customer service, I certainly will not be likely to opt for sky.

I have phoned sky on around 15-20 occasions and have been fobbed off on every one of those phone calls, apparently even your customer service advisers cannot speak to anyone with any power to do anything, they can merely email someone on my behalf. This has been promised by at least 4 customer service advisers, in a time period of 12 days!!! But no-one has actually phoned me, amazing that even that woefully low standard of service canít be met.

I have been told for the last 10 weeks that my order is active, but there seems to be some sort of hold up, preventing both the line going actually active, and the sending out of a router.

As a multi-room Sky Plus account holder I would expect you to try to keep me happy, but I am now considering cancelling my subscription, and may also end up taking Sky to court if that is the only way to get something done.

I want an immediate end to this ridiculous situation, and demand either a MAC code or the removal of the Sky ďmarkerĒ from my phone line, so that I may move to a serious broadband supplier.

In addition I want compensation for the phone calls, and my XBOX Live connection which I have been unable to use for 3 months (at a cost of £5 a month), and I will expect a sweetener on my Sky plus rental to keep me from moving to an alternative supplier.

I donít think that that is unreasonable.

I await your rapid response to a problem which has taken 10 weeks to get nowhere.

EDIT: 4-6-2007
      I have now been told categorically by BT that Sky HAVE NOT cancelled my order, or provided me with the MAC Code which Ofcom have told me must by law be provided within 5 working days (it's been weeks so far).

I am beginning to think the only think I can do is to have BT fit me with a completely new phone line, at a cost of £130. If I do not receive immediate confirmation that the Sky Marker has been removed from my line, or preferably a MAC Code in addition to reasonable compensation, I will be taking sky to court for my court fee, £130 for the new line, phone expenses of 5 hours at 10p a minute in addition to 5 hours of my time at a reasonable £30 an hour.

I have not received a response to my letter sent on the 25th May (also faxed the same day).

Regards

Me

Does anyone have advice? any similar stories & how the hell am i going to get broadband again??

Sky sucks beyond belief

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

IF the BT line had a fault which is now fixed then BT would've set it to voice only. If this is true then we need to log a fault to BT to get it rejumpered to BB...

EDIT: going on from that, the account would still show active with us, but without confirming with BT (for ourselves, not not you) we cannot see if its reverted to PSTN or not
      Last edited by IWasNotTheEnemy; 04-06-07 at 10:21 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      IF the BT line had a fault which is now fixed then BT would've set it to voice only. If this is true then we need to log a fault to BT to get it rejumpered to BB...

EDIT: going on from that, the account would still show active with us, but without confirming with BT (for ourselves, not not you) we cannot see if its reverted to PSTN or not
      thanks for the reply- but i doubt there is any fault on my line- until sky came along anyway-

I have not received a router or an active line, as according to sky, BT wholesale's computers have not undated.

I have had email confirmation from sky that they have cancelled my order as of 17th May, but BT claim to have not received this.

I have asked sky to clear the sky marker from my line on numerous occasions, or to receive a MAC code (i believe this must be given within 5days- not the weeks i have been waiting for)

At no point have sky phoned me, its always me phoning at 10p a minute, an either getting nowhere, being told i'd be phoned back, or more recently, being cut off.

as i say it is getting to the point where i will have to have a new physical phone line put in and sue sky for the costs.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

there wont be a fault now, as the line has been fixed, but the BB won't be on the line as BT revert lines back PSTN once a non-BB fault has been fixed...

EDIT: either way, it shouldn't have taken this long to sort out!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: 10 weeks of no broadband- wish i hadn't tried to move to SKY

Do you work for sky, and what fo i do get my broadband working. I'm sick of sky's lies so i really just want to get shot of them.