Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow Connection Speed Again

This is a discussion on Slow Connection Speed Again within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi its been a while since my last confession so please forgive me... i contacted sky some weeks ago regarding ...

ANDREW.BRAZER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow Connection Speed Again

hi its been a while since my last confession so please forgive me...
      i contacted sky some weeks ago regarding slow connection speedsthese were my stats....connection speed 4000kbps downstream..320kbps upstream,
      line attenuation 36.0db down...23.5 upstream,
      noise margin 25.5db down...13.0db upstream.
      i download quite a bit but seeing that im on unlimited with sky max package didnt see that bein a problem until they capped me, how i knew i was capped was my initial stats were strange to be synced at exactly 4000kbps so i asked them to remove the cap,and they emailed me back saying it would be removed.
      however this morning my line stats have changed considerably and are now as follows...
      connection speed 1024 downstream 416 upstream
      line attenuation 36.0 down 23.5 upstream
      noise margin 33.0 down 15.0 upstream.
      Does any one have any idea why sky would have dropped my connection speed as tier 1 couldnt explain saying it was in the hands of tier 3 and i would have to wait upto 5 days to speak to them as they were busy..

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Slow Connection Speed Again

Sky have capped you very aggressively to 1024/416kbps. My guess and hope is that they have done this temporarily while they run some tests as your line would have to be extraordinarily bad for this to have to be a permanent level.

With such a heavy capping and a noise margin of 32db it's not really worth asking you to post your full stats as they would be so heavily masked.

ANDREW.BRAZER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow Connection Speed Again

Just checked this morning and my connection speed has been dropped again to 834kbps and my upstream 320kbps,i dont know what sky are doin cos i cant get past tier 1,and support arnt answering my emails...?