Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ever spoke to a Helpful Agent?

This is a discussion on Ever spoke to a Helpful Agent? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Most agents have tried to be helpful with me - but in essence can't do anything to rewsolve my problem. ...

geordie boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01207
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Ever spoke to a Helpful Agent?

Most agents have tried to be helpful with me - but in essence can't do anything to rewsolve my problem. - Cant log on to sky user name and password hasnt worked for six months. yesterday treid to get an update but ended speaking to a young woman in the Philipines who hadn't a clue - this is not a racist comment but she couldnt understand much of what i was saying. So sky make money on the phone and outsource abroad to save on there overheads.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

^^ in response to that, just get a hotmail/gmail account if you need email....

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

^^ in responce to that, Why should you need to - Sky offer the emails and you are entitled to claim them.. I think its basic things like these Sky CS dont really give a damn about.. In there eyes its just a free extra - Your not getting them.. oh well.. your not paying for them anyway..

Thanks

i know but with all the issues we've been having then in the meantime (if you need email) then I'd reccommend getting another service.....but yes, they shouldn't have to

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry, After re-reading my last post, It does look a little snotty! I didnt mean it that way :P

sky_knight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I agree with i'm not the enemy if you want good reliable email....then honestly go to the people who know how to do it, google or hotmail they've been doing it for years and know how it should be done, also best of all it's free.
      regarding the other issues of not being able to log on does this sound familiar
      "I'll just reset your password " if so kiss the email account goodbye they will need to reset constantly after this. Best action is, when you recieve your activation letter with your loggin details phone in and prey you get a good agent who will help you access your account ,setup your sky profile and help you change your password, they will even help configure outlook express for you. Another point for all, if you have an issue for the tier 2 team ask them to call youback if you hang up they have the facility to call customers/eu's back, this will help with the old phone bill, mostly they will be only to happy to call back. Even though email issues are not there department they should be able to resolve this if they are decent tier2 agents. On occasions the email account needs to be completley reset from scratch due to the passsword being reset over and over again. In fairness to fibre you are actually right this is the case some tier1 agents do think along those lines so in advance to all that don't get logged in apologies for that, if you pay for a service then you should get it even if it is crap, like i said earlier stick with those who how to do it. Bit of a long winded post so sorry but hope it's informative

Thanks

we don't help configure email clients anymore, so if anyone does they're risking disciplinary action!! We can give you the server details but it's up to you to sort it out now...

however, its not long now til the Sky email (powered by google) goes live - so that should sort out ALL the issues!!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry but I think you'l find you have to give passive support on this and you can check that with your TL, but saying that if he Eu is desperate for help I really don't belive that anyone would be disciplined for this. For anyone wanting to set it up go Sky.com - Customer Support>Broadband>Email

this online walk through will give you help, just copy and paste the above link in your address bar hope this helps

Thanks

well, we've all been told by TL that we cannot do this (i still have, but when ive been sat away from TL's as we can now get in trouble for it as Sky doesnt support email clients any more)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

no , think you need this clarified it's passive support all the way... bare in mind the turn around in the amount of TL's going through the centers how many can you count that have been there more than 3 mnths or more. So the consistency of support or knowledge of what we support is some what diluted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12