Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sky Down Again

This is a discussion on Sky Down Again within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes, must admit, I'd been with Pipex for five years and never once lost my connection for this long! I ...

DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Down Again

Yes, must admit, I'd been with Pipex for five years and never once lost my connection for this long!

I have a stable solid ADSL connection light on the router, the 1 light is fully lit, so it has connected to the exchange, it's just not being authenticated or whatever by Sky (which is what I gather Error 300 means) .. Do I just sit and wait for it to come back up (like I've done for the last 18 hours) or will it never come back up until someone presses a button somewhere?! .

2. Advertisement
      j112 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Montfort (LEICESTER)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Down Again!!!

sky connect montfort exchange down again lastnight for 18 hours, got the bt error page

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have been down from 9.30 last night, as someone said, I think they just throw a switch and all the Connect users go down. Probably a BT male bird up, but Sky always seem to be slow to respond. Do they depend on the phone income to survive?

PS Can't stand this dialup, I'm going to do some weeding
      Last edited by Isitme; 28-05-07 at 11:18 AM.

DigiBoxer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121 Beacon
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 + Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Just rang Sky, tried to get through to Tier 3, but told very busy (bodes well!) and they will call back with an update in 3-5 working days. When I asked if this is how long it will take to actually get someone to ring me back to ask me what the problem is, very vague and told me they can start working on it "as soon as they get the email from us", so could be sooner.

I noticed on the Sky Install CD there's some kind of Router Recovery Utility. Is there any point me trying to run that and see if it changes any settings. (though if it overwrites any passwords or access codes that I don't have access to to enter again, then there's no point in trying).

I would also try running the 'mossywell' utility that's linked on SkyUser in other posts, but trying to run that it tells me to Download MS .Net Framework 2. something or other, which will take hours on DialUp speeds, so can't use that.

Must admit, was impressed for the two days it was working, but not over the last 24 hours of no connection .. I've rebooted / unplugged the router I don't know how many times. but still no joy. I'm genuinely hoping this is just a teething problem, or maybe there's a problem with my Sky Router and it can get resolved, but if this is going to be a regular thing, maybe I made a mistake in switching from Pipex! (never thought or hoped I'd say that!)

As dial up sucks, I'm off to do some painting (thought I'd managed to get out of doing that!) ..
      Last edited by DigiBoxer; 28-05-07 at 12:48 PM.

Joefi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, just found out about this site.

My Sky connection stopped working at around 7pm last night, and it wouldn't work for the rest of the night. Phoned Sky at the end of the night and they said there was a fault with Sky routers throughout the UK that they were trying to fix.

Tried it again this morning and it still didn't work, so for the hell of it I thought I'd try switching the current cables with the cables used for my original router (I've also had to have my whole router replaced as well in the past - shows what great experience I've had with Sky BB so far) and to my surprise it worked.

This isn't the first time I've had problems with Sky though and I've only had it for about a month. Really disappointed with their broadband service so far

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Strange, I had no problems yesterday, or any other day for that matter. It's been rock solid since I got it back in February.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

there was a big screw up with connect customers yesterday from around half 8 onwards but that was still going on at midnight so not sure if it's resolved yet...

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      there was a big screw up with connect customers yesterday from around half 8 onwards but that was still going on at midnight so not sure if it's resolved yet...
      i have been back online since about 9am no problems

connect keeps screwing up

xyz
      xyz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01733
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can people please post here to let us know when they get a connection again.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have had a connection on the Connect package all day so far, it went down for mew just after 11 a few times and I got the BT test page, it came back up for 5 minutes or so and went back down again breifley and it looks like it went down around 9 this morning but apart from that it has been rock solid.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast