Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thinking of moving to SKY Broadband

This is a discussion on Thinking of moving to SKY Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by jason2202 Go for it. I also moved from Pipex last month and Sky has been excellent, all ...

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Thinking of moving to SKY Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by jason2202 View Post
      Go for it.

I also moved from Pipex last month and Sky has been excellent, all done on time as scheduled and I now get speeds of 7000kbps up from 1800kbps and all for 5pcm rather than 23.44pcm.

Like Koala5 says you'll get an unbalanced opinion coming to these forums as they will always attract users who are having issues - one of the reasons I held off migrating until now, but very happy now I've done it and now that Sky are accepting MAC Codes you shouldn't be offline for more than a few hours.

I've not had to deal with SKY CS which seems cause the most amount of grief amongst users, but for a 200pa saving I'll take my chances especially against Pipex as their CS was pretty poor even when you could get through to them.
      ur so an accountant aren't u lol?
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

2. Advertisement
      jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      If you are going on the Connect package you will loose your access for a week or so.
      which sky must stress is a result of a third party being involved. That power hungry devil BT lol
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

But why do they work in this way, why can't the router be sent out before the activation date.

Welcome to the forums jonny1st, you have been a busy boy !

smart1gordon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fareham
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I moved from Pipex to Sky in November. My router arrived on the day of the cutover. During the middle of the day, I was without broadband for approx one hour while things were cut across.

First two days things were perfect, then I had a lot of problems with the router freezing and the line grinding to a halt. After numerous calls to Sky CS, things were resolved, but it took a month, and I now have a fairly stable connection.

I still have to reboot the router maybe every 2 or 3 weeks but that is a small price to pay compared to the cost of being with Pipex at a slower speed (Sky = 8Mb; Pipex = 2Mb). When I was with Pipex, the line was stable for months on end. However, when I needed to contact Pipex, it took a while to resolve things so they weren't perfect either. Their wait times were horrendous and costly. My Sky call costs were refunded when I complained about the amount of time I spent trying to things resolved in the first month.

So, would I stay with Sky? Yes, the cost difference is worth it alone. Just beware that the line may not be so stable but it's a small price to pay (or not!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12