Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

now here's a weird connection speed issue...

This is a discussion on now here's a weird connection speed issue... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi folks, I'm on Max and have been since October (although you'd never have known it, my connection felt like ...

RSimpson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Baillieston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation now here's a weird connection speed issue...

Hi folks,

I'm on Max and have been since October (although you'd never have known it, my connection felt like it was stuck on 2MBPS) and only recently (ie. in the past week) have I seen my connection improve but it's not as you might think.

The best speed I've had out of my Max connection has been 2.16MB/S (!!!) however I only seem to get that speed when I'm downloading multiple large files/streams at once, whenever I download something by itself the best constant speed I get is 320KB/S.

Now, I can see that my connection is capable of 2MB/S+ and when I download a bunch of big files/streams at once from the same location I get the full use of the bandwidth, I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't give me 2MB/S on a single solitary download.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? It boggles the mind.

Cheers,
      Robert

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: now here's a weird connection speed issue...

Run TCPOptimizer (see second sticky in my signature) and see if this improves things. Also, is this wireless or wired?