Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please Help - Rubbish sync speed!

This is a discussion on Please Help - Rubbish sync speed! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys... your gonna love this.... i know i did After phoning tech support a few times this afternoon i ...

alex_richmond86 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Re: Please Help - Rubbish sync speed!

Hi guys...

your gonna love this.... i know i did

After phoning tech support a few times this afternoon i finally got the ticket re-opened and got passed to tier took about 3 phone calls as tier 3 was quite busy. It was the last attempt i was going to make today...and im so glade i did!

the guy at tier 3....excellent! I was on tier 3 yesterday and the different guy was pretty good...however the guy today was very sharp....why?

After about 5mins....he thought of checking ip address....and well the ip address i had and the ip address he had were different! crossed line...and literally crossed line!!

It turns out that their diagnostic tools for my account were set to the wrong line! so yesterday the guy was fiddling with some other persons line and not mine! which explains alot really.

The guy did manage to find my line by searching for the routers MAC mode at the exchange. After that it was pretty straight forward...the line was caped at the exchange at 2mb. he made the changes, switched me onto adsl2. he said the line max was 12mb...he's capped it at 8mb for stability...which is fine as thats double what i was getting with old isp for half the price....DEAL OR WHAT!

I'm still facing a disconnection soon as they have to fix the problem at the exchange regarding the crossed lines! although he couldn't give me much info on that...but said they will be in touch. I'm not really bothered about that most im presuming it will be 24 hours downtime.

So yehh, im sitting pretty on 8mb/768kb. Below are some basic router/line stats. They look nice and stable and im very happy

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 8096 kbps 768 kbps
      Line Attenuation 34.0 db 20.5 db
      Noise Margin 10.2 db 13.0 db

The tier 3 guy was a star! Thnx guys for your help as well and backing me up that i should be expecting more then i had.

I'm now a very happy sky BB customer and it better had continue

not sure if this situation is similar to anybody else who is having problems. but well if it happened to me, it could happen to you. Bottom line...double check on the ip address your router is showing and the ip address the tier 3 person is seeing.
      Last edited by alex_richmond86; 17-05-07 at 05:14 PM.

2. Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12